Ordering from Newegg to the Philippines

AllFoe

I'm from the Philippines and I'm planning to buy a Zephyrus G15 (2021) model with the 3080 GPU for my bday on newegg when they start selleng them since it costs like 3.6k USD locally. Has anyone experienced ordering from the Philippines? Did it have any issues? Do they deliver door-to-door or do I have to get it from a local post office? 

1 hour ago, AllFoe said:

I'm from the Philippines and I'm planning to buy a Zephyrus G15 (2021) model with the 3080 GPU for my bday on newegg when they start selleng them since it costs like 3.6k USD locally. Has anyone experienced ordering from the Philippines? Did it have any issues? Do they deliver door-to-door or do I have to get it from a local post office? 

I dont have experience. But just a reminder that you will be on the hook for any taxes/duties. Newegg will probably not include that in the price. So be aware. Likely you will have to pay these fees before the product is released from customs. Not to mention the cost of shipping. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I dont have experience. But just a reminder that you will be on the hook for any taxes/duties. Newegg will probably not include that in the price. So be aware. Likely you will have to pay these fees before the product is released from customs. Not to mention the cost of shipping. 

Are the customs fees different from the VAT newegg places on them? On checkout it adds around 12% of tax so not sure if that covers the customs fees or if its entirely different

5 hours ago, AllFoe said:

Are the customs fees different from the VAT newegg places on them? On checkout it adds around 12% of tax so not sure if that covers the customs fees or if its entirely different

Not sure. In the US we dont have VAT. We have sales tax, which differs state to state. I just know that on imported goods there might be extra fees. That might be something you want to bring up with Newegg. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.