XMP Issues, B450 Aurous Elite - R5 2600X - GTX 1060 6GB - Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory (Repost/Update)

Hi all, Currently having issues with my ram. I have had my build for over two years now and I've never been able to get XMP to work. I have posted on here before about this subject (see below).

Previous post

Since then I have been on the gigabyte website and looked at a QVL list and brought some ram which is stated on the QVL list for panicle ridge, (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15).

I am still having the same issue as I had before with my other 3 sets of ram I brought and tried over the two years. Still getting the 3beeps on bios exit and boot loop three times before one beep and start up.

I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with my CPU/motherboard/ PSU as I've changed ram so many times and have had the same issue all the way along.

Another issue I'm now having is that a stupid amount of ram is getting used as committed ram (22.7gb out of my 32).  

Any advice on either of these issues would be appreciated, Thank you

4 minutes ago, JJ181 said:

Hi all, Currently having issues with my ram. I have had my build for over two years now and I've never been able to get XMP to work. I have posted on here before about this subject (see below).

Previous post

Since then I have been on the gigabyte website and looked at a QVL list and brought some ram which is stated on the QVL list for panicle ridge, (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15).

I am still having the same issue as I had before with my other 3 sets of ram I brought and tried over the two years. Still getting the 3beeps on bios exit and boot loop three times before one beep and start up.

I'm wondering if it could have anything to do with my CPU/motherboard/ PSU as I've changed ram so many times and have had the same issue all the way along.

Another issue I'm now having is that a stupid amount of ram is getting used as committed ram (22.7gb out of my 32).  

Any advice on either of these issues would be appreciated, Thank you

The first issue I'll comment on is the committed RAM, that's likely windows, Windows 10 uses a lot more committed RAM than other versions before it, but that's a lot, there are some guides on google if you search for how to fix high RAM usage. The second issue is XMP (sanctioned overclocking) not working. The fact you've been through more than 1 kit and it still doesn't work is odd, 3000MHz CL15 is not hard to run for a 2600X. I'd recommend setting something like 2666MHz first after applying the XMP profiles, and see if that boots. Than move up slowly. What is your SOC and RAM voltages too?

Yours faithfully

6 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

The first issue I'll comment on is the committed RAM, that's likely windows, Windows 10 uses a lot more committed RAM than other versions before it, but that's a lot, there are some guides on google if you search for how to fix high RAM usage. The second issue is XMP (sanctioned overclocking) not working. The fact you've been through more than 1 kit and it still doesn't work is odd, 3000MHz CL15 is not hard to run for a 2600X. I'd recommend setting something like 2666MHz first after applying the XMP profiles, and see if that boots. Than move up slowly. What is your SOC and RAM voltages too?

Thanks for the quick reply, Ill have ago at trying to lower the speed after applying the XMP profile and ill find out what my voltages are while I do so. And on the issue of the committed ram I have tried everything I've come across to try and lower it. I managed to drop it by 3gbs and that's it. Ill get back to you when I've tried this thank you.

Just now, JJ181 said:

Thanks for the quick reply, Ill have ago at trying to lower the speed after applying the XMP profile and ill find out what my voltages are while I do so. And on the issue of the committed ram I have tried everything I've come across to try and lower it. I managed to drop it by 3gbs and that's it. Ill get back to you when I've tried this thank you.

What programmes do you have open? I'd recommend looking up how to preform a clean boot and trying that, it basically involves stopping all but microsoft and vital processes  running and all start up programmes, that should get committed RAM down a lot if there is something hogging it all. 

Yours faithfully

14 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

What programmes do you have open? I'd recommend looking up how to preform a clean boot and trying that, it basically involves stopping all but microsoft and vital processes  running and all start up programmes, that should get committed RAM down a lot if there is something hogging it all. 

Okay so I tried to run it on XMP with a lowered speed at 2666mhz and increased my dram voltage by .010 volts every time and had the same issue, My SOC voltage was set on Auto and so was my Dram but dream default is 1.2volts. I tried increasing it by 0.010 each time all the way up to 1.4volts. I had the same issue all the way up through the voltages with no change. 

I also tried to do a clean start up but my committed ram stayed the same witch even no programs but microsoft ones running,

1 minute ago, JJ181 said:

Okay so I tried to run it on XMP with a lowered speed at 2666mhz and increased my dram voltage by .010 volts every time and had the same issue, My SOC voltage was set on Auto and so was my Dram but dream default is 1.2volts. I tried increasing it by 0.010 each time all the way up to 1.4volts. I had the same issue all the way up through the voltages with no change. 

I also tried to do a clean start up but my committed ram stayed the same witch even no programs but microsoft ones running,

Well for the committed RAM issue then likely reinstall windows, something might be broken and it's just easier to reinstall it.
As for RAM voltages, anything over 1.35v can damage certain IC's, so what out for that. 1.3v should be enough though. SOC voltage maybe go up to 1.15v, thought for overclocking I have run higher, some people say 1.15v is max safe, some say 1.2, some 1.25v, I've run 1.35v for short periods and the chip was fine, but you'll want to run the lowest you can that's still stable anyways. I'd recommend between 1.15v and 1.05v for a starting point. either start low and go up, or start high and work down. Actually given you're running 4x8GB you might just need a bump to SOC tbh, but leaving it on auto can be dangerous, especially with ASUS though I've seen Gigabyte do this too. For 2x8GB sticks my board ran 1.5v DRAM voltage and 1.37v SA (Intels version of SOC) for 3600MHz when I messing around. I had accidentally left them on auto, while in my case I have run higher that was on better cooling. 

Yours faithfully