Is it possible to turn a Noctua NH-D15 by 90° ?

Go to solution Solved by DoctorNick,

Yes, you get 2 brackets in the box it come in. 1x normal, and 90 degree orientation. 🙂 And yes you can just turn the fan/ mount fan brackets opposite.

Hey there,

I'am currently building a small DIY NAS for all my files. For Mainboard I wanna use a X570D4U from ASRockRack because its ECC support and IPMI features.

At the beginning of the project I bought myself a Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4, cause I have had very good experience with it on my previous PC build.

After I watched some Reviews of the Mobo and looked a little bit deeper into the pics, I saw that the RAM Slots and the CPU Fan mounting brackets are, due to better cooling in server cases turned by 90° on this board.

But if I would install my CPU Fan like so, it would ventilate from the bottom of the case to the top or vice versa.

So finally, is there anybody out there, who encountered this problem before or know, if I can turn my Fan by 90° degree to align it with the airflow in my case ?

Thank You !

Yes, you get 2 brackets in the box it come in. 1x normal, and 90 degree orientation. 🙂 And yes you can just turn the fan/ mount fan brackets opposite.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.