Desk cable management

Donut417

I dont want to use screws and nails. Whats the best way to mount a power strip, my monitors power bricks and a cable modem under my desk? Ive tried Velcro strips but they tend to loose adhesion after a while. Though I didnt try the industrial stuff. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3M wall mounting tabs, I've hanged hooks with them that held up fifty pound bags at some points, they can be removed when need be too. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Just got a pack of these and I'm pretty satisfied with them https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQCXCR2/

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

For holding stuff to a desk, this shit is the tits. If you apply it properly and use the right amount of it, it will have a stupid amount of hold. Just don't use too much or your life will become hell trying to remove whatever you slapped on.

As for cables themselves, I've been using these and they're fine. The adhesive is decent enough on a smoother surface as long as you hulk it on when you apply it and don't yank on it too much. 

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

25 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Just got a pack of these and I'm pretty satisfied with them https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQCXCR2/

wires are not the issue. I have some of those square mounts that you stick a zip tie thru. Its the Modem, power bricks and such. 

Zip tie the velcro or screw it to the table wood to make it permanent.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

8 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Zip tie the velcro or screw it to the table wood to make it permanent.

The velcro I have used has failed. I use Zip ties but that only helps for the wires. Screws are not something Im willing to use. 

I've never had an issue with the 3M Command picture hanging strips, used in sufficient quantities. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Back when i used to do theatre, we would use stuff called Nuclear Duct Tape for fixing sets during a show when we can't exactly use power tools. it's SUPER strong and leaves no residue when you need to remove it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

My monitors power brick sits on the underside of my desk with doubble sided tape.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking