Sell my GPU or not?

Go to solution Solved by 1982 Original,

There is a shortage on all cards everywhere.  Unless you don't want to use your PC for a few months, I wouldn't sell it.  GTX 1660 are going for $500.  They were half that two years ago.  There is literally nothing out there at any tier.

Hi guys,

I put an auction on ebay for my RTX 2060 Founder's edition without any expectation,(Im aware of scams ecc too), but some people made offers(accounts that seem legit) and its almost the price that i paid for it in 2019.
Now my question is: should I sell my GPU to get a 3000 series (i was thinking about a 3060ti) that i dont even know when it will be available?
I can stay without my pc for a couple of months its not a problem, but my concern is also the price of the 3060 or 3060ti, im afraid that they will get to 500ish price range...

Getting a GPU for a good price is almost impossible right now,

Chances are you won't be able to get a 3000 series GPU since thousands of people will try to buy the same card at the time and place you will try to buy.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

14 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Keep your 2060 until you know you have a 3000-series card.

18 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Getting a GPU for a good price is almost impossible right now,

Chances are you won't be able to get a 3000 series GPU since thousands of people will try to buy the same card at the time and place you will try to buy.

I was thinking about that, but after the release of the 3000-series the value of my 2060 will drop significantly.
It's almost unbelievable that people would pay the same price that i paid if not more 😐, for a 2 years old used card...🤔

There is a shortage on all cards everywhere.  Unless you don't want to use your PC for a few months, I wouldn't sell it.  GTX 1660 are going for $500.  They were half that two years ago.  There is literally nothing out there at any tier.

If you aren't sure about selling the card, take down the eBay listing immediately, because once you get actual bids (as opposed to just offers), you are basically obligated to sell. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

27 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

The gt 1010 exists 😄. Maybe actually the 1030 got expensive too so euhm gonna get tricky.

16 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

I did a bit of research, I thought that the situation was similar to the 2017-2018 years...but i was wrong.

the gpu market or the tech market in general is really in a bad state right now...

I put down my listing on ebay in the end. i dont think that this "upgrade" is worth all this hassle.