Colton's old monitor glitch

Digidream

Hi,

I've been experiencing a similar monitor glitch as colton's monitor in his Intel 5000$ tech upgrade, see 2:58 timestamp of the video.

Does anyone know what the possible cause is of such a problem and if there are any ways it could be fixed? (see attached images for reference)

I'm wondering if it's just a loose cable inside. Otherwise i'll have to try and make use of my warranty.

Thanks for taking a look!

colton screen - linus.png

sceenglitch.JPG

I have the same problem. My monitor is a AOC AG322QCX (NVIDIA Control Panel says AG322QWG4) 31,5inch. Since Digidream did not write anything about his/hers setup here is mine.

The problem:

• After not using the monitor for about 12h the glitch appears.

How it disappears:

• Sometimes just waiting helps but generally having something moving does the trick. Minimizing and maximizing a window works the best.
  • Other wise I found that switching to 120hz (or 144 if I had 120) helps as well. Most of the time I can switch instantly back to 144hz and the glitch does not reappear (but sometimes it does).

Things I tried with my minimal knowledge:

• Switching between the 2DP I have.
  • Using my one hdmi 2.0.
  • Using different cables

I have a RTX 3080 but with my old RTX 1060 I had the same problem. Additionally my two other monitors do not have this glitch at all

I also noticed that especially windows explorer top bar (the part where you can choose the color) leaves a shadow horizontal across the monitor. Sadly I´am unable to show a pic or video of that since this effect does not show on a screen capture. When moving the window up and down you can clearly see the color changing next to the window. The glitch looks like it shows rows of pixel multiple times and that sounds like the window glitch may be the same issue. 

My screen is an MSI MAG341CQ and I have managed to exclude the cables and graphics card since the glitch also shows on the monitor startup screen (without any video cables plugged in)

I noticed that temperature influences the frequency at which the glitch occurs since it happens more often after leaving the window open and cooling down the room temperature.