playing games off your other hard drive

jel459

so i started wonderiong if there is any way to make my steam games boot up when there on another hard drive. such as me i have a 250gb hdd that has my windows, my second is 2tb hdd and it has random crap i dont want to lose. so i thought how could i put my games on one and play them while there on another hdd.

i know probably someone has already done this beofre but if someone could tell me that would be nice and thank you for reading

you can create a new folder for it when you install the game :/ not sure what else you mean, and you can target the folder in settings for steam to look for games there aswell

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

If you use steam it allows you to select where you want to install the game, it even allows you to select a separate hard drive, where you make a new folder to install to.

bac6e21d8c7edafea7ed9d4f7f5ccbe4.png

Also this setting might have to be changed firstbaec7271240421036e4ca299d0cf2632.png

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Loe with some spot on help before I could get to it.  I have Steam install everything to my larger hard drive now.  I thought 700 GB was loads of storage but with game sales happening all the time and me liking everything installed it filled up in no time. Very thankful I added a 3 TB hard drive and now have every game going to that and only basic stuff on my main drive. Steam makes it very easy to do.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Loe with some spot on help before I could get to it.  I have Steam install everything to my larger hard drive now.  I thought 700 GB was loads of storage but with game sales happening all the time and me liking everything installed it filled up in no time. Very thankful I added a 3 TB hard drive and now have every game going to that and only basic stuff on my main drive. Steam makes it very easy to do.

Remember you don't have to install every single one of your games. Try installing the games that you plan on regularly playing.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Remember you don't have to install every single one of your games. Try installing the games that you plan on regularly playing.

No.  I love having EVERYTHING installed.  I could hardly imagine if I suddenly wanted to play a certain game and then realize hey I got to download 20 GB or more or wait on an install of 20 GB or more.  Trust me having everything installed is awesome.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S