Digital Sketch Artist looking to switch to windows

Jumballi

Firstly, not for me, but a friend.

She uses a iPad to draw on and an old MacBook as a full computer and her original intent is to get a new MacBook to replace the older one.

I'm trying to convince her to get a desktop to replace what she's doing, as even the Mac mini is a much better deal compared to the old intel MacBooks. Another option is make the larger switch and get windows computer and a new set of peripherals.

She's against Wacom, unhappy with their new stuff. What is the best Drawing tablet one would recommend for a professional willing to spend upwards of $1000(please try to keep it lower though).

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

4 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

She's against Wacom, unhappy with their new stuff. What is the best Drawing tablet one would recommend for a professional willing to spend upwards of $1000(please try to keep it lower though).

What about Wacom is she unhappy with? That could help with honing in on viable alternatives. From what I've looked into, for drawing displays, XP Pen 13.3 Pro is a solid choice at ~$300.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

8 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

What about Wacom is she unhappy with? That could help with honing in on viable alternatives. From what I've looked into, for drawing displays, XP Pen 13.3 Pro is a solid choice at ~$300.

Her big issue with wacom is on all the devices she's gotten, the ports are loose and come out while she draws on her bed.
She's unable to work at a desk for long periods of time, so it being able to be used on a bed is a must.
As for qualities she's looking for, comparable to an ipad is all she tells me.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

1 minute ago, Jumballi said:

She's unable to work at a desk for long periods of time, so it being able to be used on a bed is a must.

Well, a display tablet like the XP Pen Pro 13.3 would probably be the best bet, then, as it's essentially a monitor you draw on. Very similar to an iPad in that regard. No idea how the bite feels versus the iPad, though, or the parallax. Here's the pad in question.

4 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Her big issue with wacom is on all the devices she's gotten, the ports are loose and come out while she draws on her bed.

I can't speak to this issue, but I know my Wacom Intuos has a MicroUSB connection, and those are notoriously prone to failure for simply existing. No issues with mine, but I 'set-it-and-forget-it' if you will... All that to say that I don't know if the newer tablets having USB-C might alleviate that, or if it might be exacerbated due to having more cables (HDMI needed, as it is a monitor). But can always get a bed-desk-breakfast-bench-thing, I guess... Can't sit at the desk, bring the desk to you, right?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)