cooler for i9 10850k

Svenvdv
2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I got no advice there.  Some people say stand outside of a microcenter and hope.  There’s always wait or pay a scalper of course.  The gpu thing is getting so bad one current suggestion is get a prebuilt even if you know how to build computers simply because the prebuilt companies have access to GPUs. 

Ill just wait and stretch my 2 core 4th gen intel cpu and 1050ti even longer and wait for gpus to be availible again at msrp
and well unfortunately where I love (the Netherlands) there are no microcenters 😞

3 hours ago, Svenvdv said:

Ill just wait and stretch my 2 core 4th gen intel cpu and 1050ti even longer and wait for gpus to be availible again at msrp
and well unfortunately where I love (the Netherlands) there are no microcenters 😞

The Netherlands will have something else. Microcenter is just a big box electronics retailer.  There used to be a whole bunch of such chains in North America but they’ve been folding one by one.  The most recent casualty was fry’s electronics. Microcenter does a pretty large internet business too.  A lot like Newegg, which for all I know has retail stores somewhere.  I don’t know what chains are in the Netherlands or the EU.  There will undoubtely be something different.  My understanding is GPUs can actually be slightly easier to get in Europe.  China is trying to be friendly with the EU so they’re making more of an effort.   You could, for example, work first at getting ahold of a good gpu, then build your machine around it. The rest of the components are to varying degrees easier to get.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Same CPU here. Kraken x63. Soon to be under custom water cooling loop. 

• 3 months later...

The 10850k is a binned 10900k so it temps aren't great. The cpu will do 4.8ghz-5.2ghz with default settings and run hot. Even with noctua d15 I hit 81 temps with cinebench r23,occt benchmarks with manual set 4.8ghz 1.27v and 100% stable playing apex legends. So i would say from experience u defo need beefy cooler for 10850k even running basic 4.8ghz. U will defo want to be running it at least 4.8ghz also or completely pointless even buying it. I'm running it on z490 gaming edge wifi in case any one wondering.

6 minutes ago, BlestPlayz said:

The 10850k is a binned 10900k so it temps aren't great. The cpu will do 4.8ghz-5.2ghz with default settings and run hot. Even with noctua d15 I hit 81 temps with cinebench r23,occt benchmarks with manual set 4.8ghz 1.27v and 100% stable playing apex legends. So i would say from experience u defo need beefy cooler for 10850k even running basic 4.8ghz. U will defo want to be running it at least 4.8ghz also or completely pointless even buying it. I'm running it on z490 gaming edge wifi in case any one wondering.

If it takes a 200+w cooler to keep from throttling its not a 105w chip, it’s a 200w+ chip. There is the argument of “why buy a k chip if you don’t overclock” my understanding is a fairly small minority of k chips are ever overclocked at all, so there’s got to be some reason or other.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.