UV air filter

Mling

If I put a UV light in my PC will it sterilize the air in my room?

yes and no, and it will ruin plastic...

Also many different UV's or rather the strenght.

Put it in the ceiling, but still not that great.

You can use Ozone with ozone generators, but they don't cover as good and need good placing + a bunch of things.

Too much ozone is not great either. (they are basicly zapping the air to make it clean).

No. Bacteria, germs and everything else thrive on porous surfaces. Unless you sanitize your room and its contents, the air will continue to carry whatever is brewing on said surfaces.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

No. Bacteria are everywhere and will be everywhere even if you sterilize air. You need to fully sanitize your room, remove all biologically activate things and make sure nothing could ever come in to contaminate the room. Why would you even want this?

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

No. Bacteria are everywhere and will be everywhere even if you sterilize air. You need to fully sanitize your room, remove all biologically activate things and make sure nothing could ever come in to contaminate the room. Why would you even want this?

I stumbled across air purifiers and I thought I already have a box with filtered fans. If uv light is so great it wouldn't cost much to throw it in.

UV is great, but also horrible. Very much depends on usecase and UV and its placement/use again.

filters can also be fine, depending on why you want them? Is this due to covid, want fresh air? or something else?

Else what is the need for any of this? Certain UV can be quite good in scale like the suggested UV against covid in public places.

15 hours ago, Mling said:

I stumbled across air purifiers and I thought I already have a box with filtered fans. If uv light is so great it wouldn't cost much to throw it in.

What do you want to achieve with them is the question here. What would make you need a air purifier?

if you're referring to uvc:

it's hella dangerous, it will literally burn your skin and eyes (you might go blind), and also the ozone generated from splitting oxygen (and later on they do repair), isn't great