MY Ram Ahhh!!!!!

PePew

Hey Guys, so here is the thing, i got a Ryzen 7 5800x and Corsair vengeance pro rgp 4x8 32 gigs 3600mhz ram and my mobo is a Msi Mag x570 tomahawk wifi.

So thing is i have my xmp turned on and like when its on, the ram runs at 3600mhz but it keeps my pc crasing to various blue screen errors and when i play rainbow six siege or any other games after 10 mins or so keeps crashing....

Btw headsup when i ran windows memory diagnostics it said hardware error detected when xmp was on, but when i disabled xmp, it showed no errors detected....

Well Help me pleaseeeeeeee...

Remove 2 sticks from A1 and B1 slots and try XMP again. 

Or with all 4 sticks, try 3200mhz instead.

Well xmp is an overclock so the memory only actually needs to run at the base clock of ddr4 to be considered "problem free". Overclock it to something more reasonable and see if it's stable like that.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Remove 2 sticks from A1 and B1 slots and try XMP again. 

Or with all 4 sticks, try 3200mhz instead.

Hey thanks, well i have tried that too it is stable with 2 or 4 chips in it, thing is i mostly overclock thru xmp profile, so i might need a lil help manually overclocking it .. so can ya help me out please 

5 minutes ago, PePew said:

Hey Guys, so here is the thing, i hot a Ryzen 7 5800x and Corsair vengeance pro rgp 4x8 32 gigs 3600mhz ram and my mobo is a Msi Mag x570 tomahawk wifi.

So thing is i have my xmp turned on and like when its on, the ram runs at 3600mhz but it keeps my pc crasing to various blue screen errors and when i play rainbow six siege or any other games after 10 mins or so keeps crashing....

Btw headsup when i ran windows memory diagnostics it said hardware error detected when xmp was on, but when i disabled xmp, it showed no errors detected....

Well Help me pleaseeeeeeee...

if you are able to game with 4 sticks on it, it's close to being stable, i'd try upping Soc voltage first. The worst luck i've seen is 1.19v on soc for 4x8 3600, or just go with 3466.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

Well xmp is an overclock so the memory only actually needs to run at the base clock of ddr4 to be considered "problem free". Overclock it to something more reasonable and see if it's stable like that.

Ya i know, well the buying a 3600mhz ram is no use running it at base clock, and well am not that good at overclocking it manually so i mostly run xmp, well it would be helpfuk if u could help me overclock it manually.... thanks 😊

1 minute ago, xg32 said:

if you are able to game with 4 sticks on it, it's close to being stable, i'd try upping Soc voltage first. The worst luck i've seen is 1.19v on soc for 4x8 3600, or just go with 3466.

Thanks mate...but gonna be honest am not thst familiar to manual oc on msi bios or any bios for that matter, so maybw you can help me a little with that...i have wrote the required specs just for fyi.....please help...am not good at manual oc 😭

We need much more information. 

Complete system specs.

Screen shots of Cpu-Z and SPD tad. In windows. 

Also need a screen shot of SPD tab in bios also. 

Make and model of memory kit.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

We need much more information. 

Complete system specs.

Screen shots of Cpu-Z and SPD tad. In windows. 

Also need a screen shot of SPD tab in bios also. 

Make and model of memory kit.

Well, i might share em soon, kinda working on installing windows again so will post it here when i get all the stuff done and dusted again...will let ya know, also my ram is corsair vengeance pro rgb 3600mhz cl18 32 gb ddr4 

Ryzen 7 5800x

Msi Mag X570 tomahawk wifi 

Rtx 3080 

If this much might help ya, also i just had enabled xmp profile and changed nthing else if you wanted to know that...

3 minutes ago, PePew said:

Well, i might share em soon, kinda working on installing windows again so will post it here when i get all the stuff done and dusted again...will let ya know, also my ram is corsair vengeance pro rgb 3600mhz cl18 32 gb ddr4 

Ryzen 7 5800x

Msi Mag X570 tomahawk wifi 

Rtx 3080 

If this much might help ya, also i just had enabled xmp profile and changed nthing else if you wanted to know that...

Right. well the Cpu may not like 4 sticks of memory, we can try. 

Gonna start you with XMP enabled, but manually set 3200mhz. WIth that, making sure the timings from SPD in bios are manually set in the timings menu to be sure they are accurate. The rest, we can get into another time when you are ready.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Right. well the Cpu may not like 4 sticks of memory, we can try. 

Gonna start you with XMP enabled, but manually set 3200mhz. WIth that, making sure the timings from SPD in bios are manually set in the timings menu to be sure they are accurate. The rest, we can get into another time when you are ready.

Sure man, thanks...well i tried with 2 sticks and 4 both, its coz of xmp, like i get blue screens and my games keep crashing, when i run it on base freq, its not an issue, well imma try set the timings manually....if you can, just link a site where i could find the poper timings for my ram and frequency.....thanks again 😅

Just now, PePew said:

Sure man, thanks...well i tried with 2 sticks and 4 both, its coz of xmp, like i get blue screens and my games keep crashing, when i run it on base freq, its not an issue, well imma try set the timings manually....if you can, just link a site where i could find the poper timings for my ram and frequency.....thanks again 😅

I already told you where to look. In the bios, you want to find the SPD memory profiles. It will list the timings for Jedec and XMP profiles.

You want to manually set the timings instead of leaving them on auto in the memory timings menu. 

Setting XMP enabled, input correct timings, and setting the memory frequency multiplier to 3200mhz, F10 save settings and post + test.

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

I already told you where to look. In the bios, you want to find the SPD memory profiles. It will list the timings for Jedec and XMP profiles.

You want to manually set the timings instead of leaving them on auto in the memory timings menu. 

Setting XMP enabled, input correct timings, and setting the memory frequency multiplier to 3200mhz, F10 save settings and post + test.

Aah alright 👍... thanks fam...i will let ya know when i do it...thanks again...

Just now, PePew said:

Aah alright 👍... thanks fam...i will let ya know when i do it...thanks again...

Good luck.

59 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Good luck.

Bad luck brother....well i tried the pre set timings but now it doesnt boot at all...like not a single time...it doesnt even open bios..i mean no signal on my monitor...

Any idea what to do ? Atleast to get my original frequency back...

Just now, PePew said:

Bad luck brother....well i tried the pre set timings but now it doesnt boot at all...like not a single time...it doesnt even open bios..i mean no signal on my monitor...

Any idea what to do ? Atleast to get my original frequency back...

Clear CMOS

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, Voluspa said:

Clear CMOS

How ? It doesnt even show anything on screen. ..when i turn on

1 minute ago, PePew said:

How ? It doesnt even show anything on screen. ..when i turn on

Page 40 of the manual will give you a hand here. You want to follow the steps for resetting BIOS to default values. 

image.png.469875e14c9d89e8dd8a256a5a34660c.png

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Voluspa said:

Page 40 of the manual will give you a hand here. You want to follow the steps for resetting BIOS to default values. 

image.png.469875e14c9d89e8dd8a256a5a34660c.png

I tried it but i cant find it on my motherboard, like i tried to short the jbat1 pin but nah not working yet....can you help me find for my specific mobo, msi mag x570 tomahawk wifi

11 minutes ago, PePew said:

I tried it but i cant find it on my motherboard, like i tried to short the jbat1 pin but nah not working yet....can you help me find for my specific mobo, msi mag x570 tomahawk wifi

That is your specific motherboard. If the jumper isn't somewhere on the motherboard it's self, it's more than likely in the accessories box that came with it.

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C84v1.1.pdf

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 1/24/2021 at 7:55 AM, PePew said:

Just pull the battery out, wait a minute and put it back in. More reliable than trying to short the jumper. (alternatively, case reset button header fits on the cmos reset header and makes bios reseting very simple)

3 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Just pull the battery out, wait a minute and put it back in. More reliable than trying to short the jumper. (alternatively, case reset button header fits on the cmos reset header and makes bios reseting very simple)

Well would it reset my bios to its oldest version ? I mean i have a ryzen 5000 cpu so would i have to flash update the bios too ?

5 hours ago, PePew said:

Well would it reset my bios to its oldest version ? I mean i have a ryzen 5000 cpu so would i have to flash update the bios too ?

No, it keeps the current bios revision, it just wipes any settings (oc, fan curves, date and time etc)