my monitor has out of range problem

LIGMA YT

i bought a HP i5 4590 upto 3.7 Ghz 8Gb ram 500gb HDD 256 SDD zotac GTX 1650 GDDR6

https://ibb.co/HV3B5yy this porblems happend but it doesnt happend when i switch to https://ibb.co/3m44bYs i used this same monitor with vga in my old pc and it was running 1600x900 @75hz but now with the displayport adapter cause GTX 1650 doesnt have a vga port

i would appreciate a quick answer or even a solution

What monitor are you using exactly? Adding it's model and specs is helpful.

Your computer has iGPU, does it work fine with it? Did you install the nVidia latest drivers fresh new? As in was there no other video card on this system prior?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

i have a lenovo ls1951, yes the igpu is working fine bcs it has the vga port, the drivers are updated manually to the latest ones

8 minutes ago, LIGMA YT said:

i bought a HP i5 4590 upto 3.7 Ghz 8Gb ram 500gb HDD 256 SDD zotac GTX 1650 GDDR6

https://ibb.co/HV3B5yy this porblems happend but it doesnt happend when i switch to https://ibb.co/3m44bYs i used this same monitor with vga in my old pc and it was running 1600x900 @75hz but now with the displayport adapter cause GTX 1650 doesnt have a vga port

i would appreciate a quick answer or even a solution

Assuming that everything is physically connected properly out of range problem means not supported resolution/refresh rate by the monitor, or bad/wrong drivers

Just now, Biomecanoid said:

Assuming that everything is physically connected properly out of range problem means not supported resolution/refresh rate by the monitor, or bad/wrong drivers

the drivers are manually installed from nvidia's website and correct.

Just now, LIGMA YT said:

i have a lenovo ls1951, yes the igpu is working fine bcs it has the vga port, the drivers are updated manually to the latest ones

In some computers you have to disable the igpu for the gpu in the pcie slot to work.

In some computers you have to disable the igpu for the gpu in the pcie slot to work.

for that how is it done??

In the Bios

i have hp how can i access the bios, i have to restart pc and click what button exactly?

I have looked up on google and I cannot seem to find a lenovo ls1951 that actually has DisplayPort. How exactly is the video card connected to it? Are you using an adapter? If so... what kind of adapter?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

14 minutes ago, LIGMA YT said:

i have hp how can i access the bios, i have to restart pc and click what button exactly?

It says which button to push while its booting you just have to be quick to see it.

could be F2 F12 Del it depends

1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

I have looked up on google and I cannot seem to find a lenovo ls1951 that actually has DisplayPort. How exactly is the video card connected to it? Are you using an adapter?

yes i have a displayport to vga adapter

1 minute ago, Biomecanoid said:

It says which button to push while its booting you just have to be quick to see it.

could be F2 F12 Del it depends

i have disabled the igpu but the problem is still there https://ibb.co/T8wzSmH

1 minute ago, LIGMA YT said:

The adapter could be your problem you should have mentioned that earlier 😛

The adapter could be your problem you should have mentioned that earlier 😛

how exactly should i plug my monitor to my pc it has only vga and dvi

1 minute ago, LIGMA YT said:

What kind of adapter it is? I'm afraid that is your issue, if it's a passive adapter then it will not work regardless what you do since DisplayPort is a digital signal while VGA is an analogic signal.

You need an active adapter which is quite rare or for a better solution since the monitor seems to support DVI (which is a digital signal) is use a DP to DVI cable.

https://media.startech.com/cms/products/main/dp2dvimm6.main.jpg

Personal Desktop":