GOLDENFIELD PSU

emong126

Bought a second hand computer and saw this PSU on it. Does anyone have info on this PSU? so far it was working, but the GPU was too old gtx 580 battlefield edition, and started making some artifacts though I haven't been using it for games, just ms office and chrome. I'm planning to upgrade the GPU anyway, maybe 1660 super or 1660 ti (as long as it is nvidia) to lessen the load as well. question is, is it safe to use with new GPU? if not or not sure, any recommendations that are not too expensive?

im running dual xeon 2670 on huanan x79-4d, 32gb ecc ram, HDD.

also planning on adding more ram and m.2 ssd in next few months just for the heck of it (does it really add anything?)

im not really a techy guy thats why i bought a second hand computer. thanks!

20201227_190904.jpg

20210113_023331.jpg

Looks like a dying gpu and a trash PSU. I would get a new one.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

5 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

Looks like a dying gpu and a trash PSU. I would get a new one.

im ok with replacing the GPU, didn't really like it anyway. to be fair, i can't consider the psu trash just because people have preferred brands. you can suggest a brand and model intead of using the word 'trash' since what might be holy psu of all saints for you right now might become trash too in 10-20 years. I saw corsair has 10 years warranty, is the 600w model enough? thanks

18 minutes ago, emong126 said:

im ok with replacing the GPU, didn't really like it anyway. to be fair, i can't consider the psu trash just because people have preferred brands. you can suggest a brand and model intead of using the word 'trash' since what might be holy psu of all saints for you right now might become trash too in 10-20 years. I saw corsair has 10 years warranty, is the 600w model enough? thanks

Golden Field has like, a history, of making "concerning" quality PSUs, to say the least. You shouldn't buy by brand either, Corsair makes bad parts as well as good parts.

How much are you looking to spend? What Corsair model were you originally intended to buy?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

the rm650x should be more than enough, with 10 year warranty and corsair's great customer service

23 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Golden Field has like, a history, of making "concerning" quality PSUs, to say the least. You shouldn't buy by brand either, Corsair makes bad parts as well as good parts.

How much are you looking to spend? What Corsair model were you originally intended to buy?

im also looking at seasonic focus 80+ gold full modular.. im just not sure about the difference between their models, theres a gx and gm.. any suggestions? im guessing i need to get an ATX version

probably choosing between the 2 below:

corsair rm650

seasonic focus plus gx-650