Sudden weird behavior with DOOM Eternal

Okay so I have a 1660 Super (base clock 1530 MHz, boosting to 1950-1965 MHz range)

today when I launched DOOM Eternal (which I play at ultra settings at 1080p), the game's framerate dropped to half of what I usually get (from around 110-120 fps to 50-60 fps), so I decided to investigate
I first opened up task manager and was shocked to see the game only using about 7-12% GPU, but going into the performance tab, I saw it only using 7-12% of the 3D engine (which is where games are supposed to run IMO???), while the game was using 95-100% of a "Graphics_1" engine on the 1660 super

weird, right?

I then opened up GPU-Z to take a look at the sensors tab, where I did see GPU load pinned at 100%, but it was stuck at 45-50% TDP the whole time, and PerfCap Reason was Idle, meaning it's not a power supply issue. 

I increased the power limits on the GPU to 125% in Afterburner, but to no avail.

What is happening?

If any other data is required (which you probably will), please tell me, I'll upload that ASAP

Also i know, whining about getting 60fps on ultra settings in a AAA title is an entirely first-world problem, but I must know why my hardware suddenly dropped half of its performance and power consumption and what this sudden shift to Graphics_1 instead of the 3D engine means.

EDIT: I forgot to add, but i had heaven installed on my system, and when I ran that, I got the performance i expected (around 90ish fps with dips into the high 80s), and heaven used the 3D engine too, so it's either DOOM Eternal suddenly changing its mind about what graphics engine to use, or newer APIs (like Vulkan) use this "Graphics_1" engine and the problem is something else

Although another problem i noticed with Heaven is that power usage went upto 80% of TDP, but not any higher. so that's still without an explanation

Edited by Ash_Kechummm
Added info, also fixed spelling and grammar lol

there has to be something weird going on with current nvidia drivers... these exact problems are popping up way too much, "out of nowhere" and regardless of card used apparently. 

The only *fix* I've seen so far (to my recollection) was to "reset" windows whatever that means, I suppose reinstall (or actually reset huh) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

wind

Wind?
Am i too sleep-deprived or are both of us sleep-deprived?

9 minutes ago, Ash_Kechummm said:

Wind?
Am i too sleep-deprived or are both of us sleep-deprived?

no I'm just using a Samsung phone worst text prediction ever .

and wind obviously means windows in Samsung,sorry about that lol.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity