Budget Build around a Radeon RX 560 4GB

C0stanza

Budget (including currency): $500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Dragonball Fighterz, Dark Souls 2/3, Indie Games, potentially newish games at 1080

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Grabbed an RX 560 off Ebay for $75. Would like to pick up a B550 board since I can use that in my main Machine and use its old B450 Tomahawk Max for this new build.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time at my Grandpa's house so I'm putting together a cheap(ish) PC there to access my Steam Library. I picked up an RX 560 off ebay for $75 but I'd like some recs for other parts, namely a CPU that fits in a B450 board. In an ideal world I'd use a Ryzen 3 3100 but supply for that seems pretty scarce at the moment.

1080p gaming is really all I need and I THINK the 560 can cover that. Otherwise no need to go crazy.

32 minutes ago, endyc said:

Budget (including currency): $500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Dragonball Fighterz, Dark Souls 2/3, Indie Games, potentially newish games at 1080

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Grabbed an RX 560 off Ebay for $75. Would like to pick up a B550 board since I can use that in my main Machine and use its old B450 Tomahawk Max for this new build.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time at my Grandpa's house so I'm putting together a cheap(ish) PC there to access my Steam Library. I picked up an RX 560 off ebay for $75 but I'd like some recs for other parts, namely a CPU that fits in a B450 board. In an ideal world I'd use a Ryzen 3 3100 but supply for that seems pretty scarce at the moment.

1080p gaming is really all I need and I THINK the 560 can cover that. Otherwise no need to go crazy.

a little over your budget but i chosed the ryzen 5 3600 over ryzen 3 3100 as there was only a 20$ difference between them

10 minutes ago, myb54 said:

a little over your budget but i chosed the ryzen 5 3600 over ryzen 3 3100 as there was only a 20$ difference between them

no PSU, so i guess he'll just use a hamster on a wheel to power it instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

no PSU, so i guess he'll just use a hamster on a wheel to power it instead.

ohhhh i for got

15 minutes ago, myb54 said:

Thanks!

I realize now I wasn't clear about this but I wanted to count the $75 I put towards the 560 in the final price. Looking at this I get the impression I may have to go used and old on the CPU to hit that mark

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($114.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B460M-A PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($78.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($69.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Pioneer 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar MG130-G MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic CORE GM 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $484.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-21 01:36 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W