I will be travelling a little bit whilst at University- MATX vs ITX

I was thinking of making a build with the hadron air or the arc mini r2. What would you guys recommend, MATX or ITX (I will be going to university and going to and from my home (400 miles away) during christmas and summer).

What are the downsides of having an ITX build? In the build - i7 4770, gtx 770, 16gb corsair vengeance, 240gb corsair SSD. Not sure whether I should go ITX or MATX. (P.s. I will not be using SLI.)

Thanks,

Blueprint

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Get MicroATX. Even if you don't plan on doing it, you can expand in the future. 

Also, get a 780 instead of a 770

Mini-ITX has only 2 dimm's, doesn't have as much expandability (only one pci-e slot and fewer sata ports) and is often priced higher than similar Micro-ATX boards.

I would go for a Micro-ATX board.

get micro atx

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Get MicroATX. Even if you don't plan on doing it, you can expand in the future. 

Also, get a 780 instead of a 770

And a 4670K

I'd say go full balls to walls and get a Fractal node 304 4670k and 780ti, just make sure its 2 slot

i highly doubt we'll get to games that will not work on that card on 1080p, and if it does you can just upgrade after university if you absolutely need too.

oh and node 304 is very easy to handle since its pretty small for what you can fit in it.

Go Nano ITX, in a Gamecube case.

Idon't think he wants to be using integrated graphics

Idon't think he wants to be using integrated graphics

Wasn't too serious.

but mATX is pretty portable, I have travelled a few times with my mATX pc by car. went fine

I'd say go full balls to walls and get a Fractal node 304 4670k and 780ti, just make sure its 2 slot

i highly doubt we'll get to games that will not work on that card on 1080p, and if it does you can just upgrade after university if you absolutely need too.

oh and node 304 is very easy to handle since its pretty small for what you can fit in 

Ok

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Wasn't too serious.

but mATX is pretty portable, I have travelled a few times with my mATX pc by car. went fine

I won't have a car when I'm at university :(

I'm not sure how I would transport my PC if I ever went by plane.

I'm pretty sure the GTX 770 can handle games like bf4 on high at 60-70fps.

Yes it will work fine in BF4, Tho i would get the 780 for added powah.

I won't have a car when I'm at university :(

I'm not sure how I would transport my PC if I ever went by plane.

You could travel with a 250D in your luggage?

Yes it will work fine in BF4, Tho i would get the 780 for added powah.

Ah ok thanks. 

Depends on how much your traveling, if you move around alot, or use your computer in 3 different places a day, I would go with a Mini-itx. Though, if you move around just like once every 3 days or something, you have better options with a matx build.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Prodigy is both ITX and mATX and it looks rather nice too. Its a bit larger, but easy to carry.