General issues with running Half Life Alyx

I've been having some issues with half life alyx that have been really destroying my enjoyability of the game. It's been leaving me dizzy and nauseous in a way that no other VR game ever has. The list of glitches include having my entire vision turn orange or grey for no reason at random times, and along with this comes my camera being detached from my head position, causing my vision to be stuck in a direction that my head is no longer pointed in, which is very disorienting. Additionally, I occasionally get an instance of severe lag during loading sequences during which one frame of the loading screen per second will flash on one of my eye displays and then the other, giving me severe headaches. I have no idea what the cause for any of these issues could be. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Find a way to get the framerate of the game while in vr. The method I use is FPSvr, but if you can find a free alternative, use that. You can use that to determine if the framerate is droping, or if you are having other issues. Another thing you can try doing is redoing the vr setup, whatever that might be, which would probably fix the tracking issue. 

What your headset is and the specs of your pc, as well as the settings you are running at would be helpful.

1 hour ago, gamagama69 said:

Find a way to get the framerate of the game while in vr. The method I use is FPSvr, but if you can find a free alternative, use that. You can use that to determine if the framerate is droping, or if you are having other issues. Another thing you can try doing is redoing the vr setup, whatever that might be, which would probably fix the tracking issue. 

What your headset is and the specs of your pc, as well as the settings you are running at would be helpful.

I was planning on installing FPSVR for use with a different game at a later date, but I can try it with HLA. My headset is a Valve Index, and my specs are a Ryzen 9 3900X with 32gb 3600CL16 and an RTX 3070. Settings are whatever the default ones are for the game. Another possibility I've found is that my GPU could potentially be running into thermal issues because I bought whatever 3000 card I could find, and this model doesn't have the best cooler, but I haven't done any testing on that yet. I can use HWInfo or some other program to check my temps while ingame, I just haven't gotten around to doing yet as I've been busy. If I don't find anything after that, I'll redo my base station setup, and if that doesn't work I'll look into potentially replacing my HMD chord.