HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!

Joseph692
Go to solution Solved by Hay_bale,
5 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Thanks man but if I turn on Afterburner on again it wll still crash. Any idea on how I can delete the presets or should I delete the whole fucing thing?

You will have to delete afterburner to get rid of the profiles. There may be a way to go into the afterburner files and delete it but I have never looked and reinstalling will probably be faster

Hi guys, I think I made a huge mistake. I overclocked my gpu to +1000 and now my gpu keeps doing wierd stuff. It displays some random colors for example the first time, it displayed magenta on my main monitor and white on my secondary, and now it`s dark green on my main and orange on my sec. Since I overclocked using MSI Afterburner, the effects obly start when I log in into my local windows account. Any idea how to bot into safe mode, with no apps at startup so that I can fix this mistake?

Please help, this will mean so much to me. Thaks in advance!

Power up your system, wait 5 seconds, then press and hold the power button until the system shuts off. Repeat this 3 times. The windows repair menu will show up and you should be able to tell it through that to boot into safe mode. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Before logging into the windows account, hold shift and press restart on screen. After restart you should be given the option to boot into safe mode. Pressing F4 on startup works too. F5 for safe mode with internet

6 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Power up your system, wait 5 seconds, then press and hold the power button until the system shuts off. Repeat this 3 times. The windows repair menu will show up and you should be able to tell it through that to boot into safe mode. 

Thank you so much! 

8 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Please help, this will mean so much to me. Thaks in advance!

There's an even easier way than what @Skiiwee29 and @Hay_balesuggested: press and hold SHIFT down when you click on the login-button and hold it down until the desktop has loaded.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

There's an even easier way than what @Skiiwee29 and @Hay_balesuggested: press and hold SHIFT down when you click on the login-button and hold it down until the desktop has loaded.

4 minutes ago, Hay_bale said:

Before logging into the windows account, hold shift and press restart on screen. After restart you should be given the option to boot into safe mode. Pressing F4 on startup works too. F5 for safe mode with internet

Thanks man but if I turn on Afterburner on again it wll still crash. Any idea on how I can delete the presets or should I delete the whole fucing thing?

Just now, Joseph692 said:

you will need to uninstall afterburner and tell it to delete profiles and reinstall it after you boot back normally. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

You will have to delete afterburner to get rid of the profiles. There may be a way to go into the afterburner files and delete it but I have never looked and reinstalling will probably be faster

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Uninstall it and don't tick the Apply at startup box.

Thanks Caroline. I decided to risk and restarted in safe mode, turned on msi afterburner and quickly change to my normal preset before the changes from the old one could apply. I am speed

Just now, Hay_bale said:

True that. Managed to quicly change the profile before the oc would kick in. Thank you though, I almost crapped my pants thinking that i fried my gpu. It already has ptsd. It`s fans ramp up to max from time to time for like half a second

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv