The Most Mediocrity Money Can Buy

NanoHeart_

I had a thought (as wild as that might be),
What could be the most mediocre computer I could build if money was no object. So I took to PCPartpicker, and got to work
This is what I got

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NanoHeart/saved/Rvy4Mp

Ryzen 7 1700 was a great processor for it's time. However, it has been greatly outclassed buy it's 3700 and even passed that by it's 5700 counter part. However, for what ever reason, it costs more than both of those. (not combined of course) going for $432.94 (USD. All of this will be in USD) While going with some weird obscure Intel CPU might have been easier, (and a easy jab) I felt like that would have been too easy, as Intel mostly aims a lot of their really expensive products not at consumers, but enterprise, and while it would be worthless to use an enterprise cpu, I also am not fully sure what it's capable of, and I want this to be mediocre, not terrible.

Cooler is.. debatable. I wanted to go with one of the IDCooling AIOs, going form over function, and mostly looking good at a high price tag. In particular the pink one being really expensive, (Gamers Nexus did a video on this) and underperforming compared to it's competitors at the same price range. Unfortunately I couldn't find a listing with a price and seem to be sold out (not that I looked very hard) The one I have listed is just a really expensive one from a no name brand that is more of a stand in. It could be the best AIO out there, I wouldn't know.

Next up I put the MSI B450 Carbon Pro. Not much thought behind this, it's really hard to go wrong with anything with B450, and complaint mostly comes in with budget stuff. But the concept of using a mid range mobo at the price of a high end mobo was amusing.

Ram doesn't really matter, but for extra spice, I put the most expensive 3000mhz kit. I could find. While 3200 is the most optimized, again 3000hz was just because it's funny and expensive, honestly another stand in.

For storage: 18 TB HDD at 7200RPM. How is this mediocre you ask? Well there's a reason you only see those used in servers. At higher capacities you actually lose read/write speeds (from what I understand) and just from personal experience, just a 4TB HDD at 7200RPM will write slower than a 2TB HDD at 5200RPM. With this in mind, I'm sure you can see why I went with a 18TB hard drive.
Preferable no SSD but I included one from OCZ that is also expensive and mediocre

Yeston products are expensive. GPU I picked was a RX5800 for 713 dollars. It has an anime girl and much like the IDCooler Pink Flow, it under performs compared to its contemporaries, while not being down right awful. It's expensive and under performs. Perfect for this build! GN also made a review of this card

Case is a 300 dollar full tower with little air flow. Probably not necessary, but I thought it was amusing

Power supply is power supply. Bad idea to pick something mediocre, went with something reliable at the top of the list.

Anyone is welcome to edit it if you have any better ideas.

16 minutes ago, NanoHeart_ said:

and even passed that by it's 5700 counter part.

There is no such CPU,there is no counterpart.

For the first time in the history of Ryzen,there is no $329 CPU,

1700 - $329

2700X - $329

3700X - $329

5800X - $449

That's a price increase of $120.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Vishera said:

There is no such CPU,there is no counterpart.

For the first time in the history of Ryzen,there is no $329 CPU,

1700 - $329

2700X - $329

3700X - $329

5800X - $449

That's a price increase of $120.

AMD might release the 5600 and the 5700/X for all we know.

They also haven't done any Ryzen 3 Zen 3 chips yet.

Back on topic, "mediocre" implies not crazy, but not crap.

18TB is not crap.

elephants

8 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

18TB is not crap.

The point isn't that it's crap. 18tb for server storage is really good. The point is that it's not fast and you could get a lot faster for much less storage. Personally I would love an 18 tb hard drive. 

However, for what ever reason, it costs more than both of those. (not combined of course) going for $432.94

Another day, another person is introduced to the concept of "new old stock."

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

*** Thread locked ***

Fantasy builds are not allowed. If you are not planning to actually buy and build it, don't bother making thread about it. You can post these in your Status Updates if you really need to show how bored you are.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv