Windows some times does not recognize my second M.2 SSD please help.

Powridert

Hello fellow LTT fans I recently bought a prebuilt from microcenter https://www.microcenter.com/product/631993/powerspec-g508-gaming-computer and I installed a second M.2 SSD to expand my storage. When I boot my computer my computer often will not show the drive, I've even checked diskmgmt.mis and the drive wont be there. In order to get the drive to appear I have to reboot my computer, sometimes it will show up after the first try and sometimes its takes 2 restarts. I have no issues reading or writing to the drive when it is up and once its up it never disconnects. The drive I purchased was a SanDisk Ultra M.2 NVMe 3D SSD from Bestbuy. If anyone has any tips on how I can get the drive to show up ever boot that would be great. 

If you are looking at the specs sheet from the Microcenter link I want to add I changed the ram to 16gb Gskill 3200 MHz.

2 minutes ago, Powridert said:

Hello fellow LTT fans I recently bought a prebuilt from microcenter https://www.microcenter.com/product/631993/powerspec-g508-gaming-computer and I installed a second M.2 SSD to expand my storage. When I boot my computer my computer often will not show the drive, I've even checked diskmgmt.mis and the drive wont be there. In order to get the drive to appear I have to reboot my computer, sometimes it will show up after the first try and sometimes its takes 2 restarts. I have no issues reading or writing to the drive when it is up and once its up it never disconnects. The drive I purchased was a SanDisk Ultra M.2 NVMe 3D SSD from Bestbuy. If anyone has any tips on how I can get the drive to show up ever boot that would be great. 

If you are looking at the specs sheet from the Microcenter link I want to add I changed the ram to 16gb Gskill 3200 MHz.

Does the drive show up in the BIOS?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Does the drive show up in the BIOS?

Yes it is showing up as SanDisk 1TB