Would I benefit from an upgrade ?

venomx

Currently have HyperX Fury 2400mhz ( overclocked to 3000mhz @ 1.3v )
Timings: DDR4-2400 CL15-15-15 @1.2V
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU

Was wondering whether i'd benefit from faster frequency ram, preferably with some RGB as i've now moved my case around so I can see through the panel. Would probably sell my current RAM to cut my losses.

Budget about £90

Are corsair vengeance any good ? I heard it's best to run dual channel, so 2x8GB rather than 1x16GB
These look good..

https://www.ebuyer.com/912296-hyperx-fury-rgb-16gb-2x-8gb-3200mhz-ddr4-ram-hx432c16fb3ak2-16?_sgm_campaign=scn_8714e1eb7e000&_sgm_source=912296&_sgm_action=click

or even...

My mobo is B450 Tomahawk max

any suggestions ?

You are on 3000mhz so 3200mhz will barely make a difference if you do ever decide to do it get 3600mhz ram that is the best you can have for it but really the difference between3000 and 3600 is very small so just leave things be.

I think you will only have minimal fps gains. 3000 to 3200 or to 3600 won't do much. If your current RAM is stable at 3000, it's not worth in investing in a new set. Unless you want to upgrade to let's say RGB RAM or have higher capacity sticks to use less slots and expand to more GB later on.

GPU? as that would make much of a difference, else if one were to max out everything it would be expensive.

So if there is need for a GPU upgrade, that would be the focus.

OK so there wouldn't be much of a performance increase so it's purely for RGB then.

Just considering whether it's worth the hassle of buying new ram, and selling my old ram just for some RGB. Maybe not worth the effort.

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

GPU? as that would make much of a difference, else if one were to max out everything it would be expensive.

So if there is need for a GPU upgrade, that would be the focus.

3060TI FE. the gpu  is fine. Just considering some RGB upgrades thats all

if you find something cheap, and is not priced up due to the times now and its something you want. Go ahead.

You could gain something from going to 2400 to 3200 if your motherboard supports it, and if it's mostly for RGB.

and yes two sticks in the correct slots is all good for the most performance out of them.