PC keeps running after a restart with no reset. 11 beeps during power up

mobbdeep01

I have this issue where I cannot restart or put my PC to sleep. If I restart, it will just keep running while the screen is off. I have to fully power off and flip the switch off and on to get it working again. This happens when I put the PC to sleep and try to wake it back up as well. No matter the scenario the computer makes this sound on boot up: https://streamable.com/byhpss

On occasion that first boot up after flipping the switch will result in a few power ons and restarts. I tried counting that and I think the beeps get to 9 before resetting and starting again. It'll do this about 2-4 times before booting up regularly.

This is a gigabyte board (z390 aorus pro wifi), and it makes mention of L2 cache. I'm not really sure how to go about fixing that issue, and I'm not 100% sure if that's the actual problem just based off that sound. I tried updating the bios to its latest available option F8h, but that did not fix anything. I was thinking it was my Windows install because I seemed to never be able to update, but I am on my 3rd clean install, and those problems still persist. I also used to think that this issue was my external drives because I used to unplug them all before booting, but I've been bare bones to just my keyboard while trying to trouble shoot.

Specs: 

z390 Gigabyte AORUS Pro Wifi

i7-9700k (no overclocking, everything is pretty much default right now)

32gb (2 2x8gb tridentZ 3200)

Corsair RM1000x

EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra 

Windows 10 Pro x64

2 hours ago, mobbdeep01 said:

I have this issue where I cannot restart or put my PC to sleep. If I restart, it will just keep running while the screen is off. I have to fully power off and flip the switch off and on to get it working again. This happens when I put the PC to sleep and try to wake it back up as well. No matter the scenario the computer makes this sound on boot up: https://streamable.com/byhpss

On occasion that first boot up after flipping the switch will result in a few power ons and restarts. I tried counting that and I think the beeps get to 9 before resetting and starting again. It'll do this about 2-4 times before booting up regularly.

This is a gigabyte board (z390 aorus pro wifi), and it makes mention of L2 cache. I'm not really sure how to go about fixing that issue, and I'm not 100% sure if that's the actual problem just based off that sound. I tried updating the bios to its latest available option F8h, but that did not fix anything. I was thinking it was my Windows install because I seemed to never be able to update, but I am on my 3rd clean install, and those problems still persist. I also used to think that this issue was my external drives because I used to unplug them all before booting, but I've been bare bones to just my keyboard while trying to trouble shoot.

Specs: 

z390 Gigabyte AORUS Pro Wifi

i7-9700k (no overclocking, everything is pretty much default right now)

32gb (2 2x8gb tridentZ 3200)

Corsair RM1000x

EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra 

Windows 10 Pro x64

Sounds a lot like a motherboard issue to me. However, just to be on the safe side, I see that you are running your memory at 3200MHz, I would back that down to 2400MHz. Also if you have any overclocks in place, I would back those off as well. See how it is. If you are still have problems, then most probably the motherboard is on its way out. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

5 hours ago, Analog said:

Sounds a lot like a motherboard issue to me. However, just to be on the safe side, I see that you are running your memory at 3200MHz, I would back that down to 2400MHz. Also if you have any overclocks in place, I would back those off as well. See how it is. If you are still have problems, then most probably the motherboard is on its way out. 

the memory is at its default clock. I think that's 2333 or something close to 2400

Hi, I will reference the beeps here.

9 short ROM checksum error The contents of the system BIOS ROM does not match the expected checksum value. The BIOS ROM is probably defective and should be replaced
10 short CMOS shutdown register read/write error The shutdown for the CMOS has failed
11 short Cache error The L2 cache is faulty

If the issue persists after a bios update (or reflash with same version) RMA the motherboard.

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Hi, I will reference the beeps here.

9 short ROM checksum error The contents of the system BIOS ROM does not match the expected checksum value. The BIOS ROM is probably defective and should be replaced
10 short CMOS shutdown register read/write error The shutdown for the CMOS has failed
11 short Cache error The L2 cache is faulty

If the issue persists after a bios update (or reflash with same version) RMA the motherboard.

I'll look into that. I have updated the bios, reset the bios, and swapped cmos and it's still happening. I wanna check power issues but I won't be able to do that until next week. If that fails, then I'll def do a RMA