I tried to download windows 10 on my new pc but it won't work

samoht1234

I recently bought a new PC and looked up tutorials on how to download windows 10 on it. I got an 8gb flash drive and downloaded the current version of windows 10 on it. But when I boot it in my bios the message "an operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. press any key to restart"

because of this I googled how to fix it and one source told me to unplug my hard drive power. I did that and nothing happend. Can anyone tell me what to do.

3 minutes ago, samoht1234 said:

I recently bought a new PC and looked up tutorials on how to download windows 10 on it. I got an 8gb flash drive and downloaded the current version of windows 10 on it. But when I boot it in my bios the message "an operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. press any key to restart"

because of this I googled how to fix it and one source told me to unplug my hard drive power. I did that and nothing happend. Can anyone tell me what to do.

How did you put the win10.iso onto your USB stick?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

What piece of software did you use to make the drive bootable? Or did you just copy the ISO to the drive?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

5 minutes ago, samoht1234 said:

You'll need to use the Microsoft-provided tool to create a bootable flash drive.

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

How did you put the win10.iso onto your USB stick?

Nice post couunt.

elephants

Sometimes a bad SATA cable can do this, happened to me. Boot priority can also be screwy, make sure to have boot manager first priority. 

13 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

What piece of software did you use to make the drive bootable? Or did you just copy the ISO to the drive?

windows 10 download on an 8 gb flash drive

33 minutes ago, samoht1234 said:

"Download" doesn't tell me anything. Was there a program you used that asked you to format your USB drive?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 hours ago, samoht1234 said:

The Windows10 media creation tool?

Do you know HOW TO BOOT from USB?

Some boards need it triggered manually.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

33 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Some boards need it triggered manually.

Yeap pretty sure you need to change boot order so it boots from USB sometimes. 

3 hours ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Was there a program you used that asked you to format your USB drive?

if you download Media creation tool there isn't really another program used as far I know... I never used anything else, you may need to format the USB stick to fat32 though. 

3 hours ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Or did you just copy the ISO to the drive?

This surprisingly works too! 

1859652747_Screenshot_20210116-044722_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.jpg.22901917273936feec1be951971b9f5c.jpg

20210116_045258.thumb.jpg.e20fcd44cab9f24934b3fcc968969349.jpg

This is all you need, you can even use a phone or anything with an internet connection that can write to a USB drive really. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity