Your thoughts on mobo brands like Biostar and ECS

ECS has my reapect. I habe a P4 that was built back in 05 with an ECS board. Its still holding a 4Ghz OC and hasnt skipped a beat... Aside from the occasional battery dying amd needing to be replaced.

Now a days im not sure of the quality but back in the day they were built like tanks

No hate, just think they are on the lower end of the motherboard chain when comparing to other manufacturers. Kind of like how, Foxcoon made really good boards back in the day, then around 2006-2007 they started failing at high end boards, then went down to generic baords and have stayed there ever since. I have been in the game since 1998, when you compare Biostar and their products from back then to today, they qulity of their prducts have gone down big time.

Agreed. I would prefer to have an Asus or Gigabyte in my main machine, but for most users a Biostar board is fine. As long as the boards have solid caps, then I don't see any issues with buying a cheaper motherboard. I think most "Enthusiast" are quick to jump to the higher priced boards when most don't even use all of the features they have to offer. Also, keep in mind Foxconn manufactures most motherboards and also make a lot of the components on motherboards as well. Open up your case and I will guarantee that you will find multiple parts that say Foxconn on your mobo. I also think Biostar has better products then they did 20 yrs ago. I have had Biostar and ECS boards fail on me in the past, but that was back in the day of T-birds and durons and tech reliability has changed quite a bit. Even a couple of Asus and Gigabyte have crapped out on me back then and still doesn't' change my mind about them.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Agreed. I would prefer to have an Asus or Gigabyte in my main machine, but for most users a Biostar board is fine. As long as the boards have solid caps, then I don't see any issues with buying a cheaper motherboard. I think most "Enthusiast" are quick to jump to the higher priced boards when most don't even use all of the features they have to offer. Also, keep in mind Foxconn manufactures most motherboards and also make a lot of the components on motherboards as well. Open up your case and I will guarantee that you will find multiple parts that say Foxconn on your mobo. I also think Biostar has better products then they did 20 yrs ago. I have had Biostar and ECS boards fail on me in the past, but that was back in the day of T-birds and durons and tech reliability has changed quite a bit. Even a couple of Asus and Gigabyte have crapped out on me back then and still doesn't' change my mind about them.

Yeah I completly understand and agree were you are coming from. Yeah, I know that foxcoon makes alot of parts for other manufactures infact I think every company uses them in one way or another, but I was talking when they made thier own boards as well. back around 2003 I became a big fan of Foxcoon boards and had bought quit a few of their higher end boards as well as other manufactures boards too, but once they ended up, not manufacturing their higher end boards anymore, i kind of just ingnored Foxcoons own brand all together.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "