Corsair Commander PRO & X570 | USB 2.0 hub incompatible issues

kyookyoo

I was anyone has found a solution to my current issue. I can't find anything besides purchasing a internal USB 2.0 hub/splitter. 

CPU: 5900X

Cooler: Corsair H150i
MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX X570 I-Gaming

Controllers: Commander Core & Commander PRO
Fans: x3 HD120 RGB, x3 ML120 RGB, x2 HD140 RGB

My mobo only has x1 USB 2.0 header, so I initially plugged in my Commander PRO into the mobo, then plugged in the Commander Core from the H150i into the USB hub on the PRO. But when I do this and check Device Manager (GENERIC USB HUB [yellow triangle]) & iCue doesn't show up. I tried uninstalled drivers and reinstalled from device manager, updated my firmware (Commander PRO) & software (iCue), I did a hard reset on the Commander PRO and uninstalled and reinstalled iCue based on Corsair Support email i attached. Idk at this point. From basic googling, it seems like it's an X570 issue, but some users have told me they never ran into this issue using a similar setup.

I ordered a NZXT internal USB 2.0 header as a workaround for now, but I was wondering if there is a fix so I dont have to rely on that. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

commander pro.png

3 hours ago, kyookyoo said:

I was anyone has found a solution to my current issue. I can't find anything besides purchasing a internal USB 2.0 hub/splitter. 

My mobo only has x1 USB 2.0 header, so I initially plugged in my Commander PRO into the mobo, then plugged in the Commander Core from the H150i into the USB hub on the PRO. But when I do this and check Device Manager (GENERIC USB HUB [yellow triangle]) & iCue doesn't show up. I tried uninstalled drivers and reinstalled from device manager, updated my firmware (Commander PRO) & software (iCue), I did a hard reset on the Commander PRO and uninstalled and reinstalled iCue based on Corsair Support email i attached. Idk at this point. From basic googling, it seems like it's an X570 issue, but some users have told me they never ran into this issue using a similar setup.

I ordered a NZXT internal USB 2.0 header as a workaround for now, but I was wondering if there is a fix so I dont have to rely on that. 

commander pro.png

like 99% of mb have latest 2 usb 2.0 headers... ill take a look but i dont think you no what your looking for. also can you just plug in the core dose that show up?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

4 hours ago, kyookyoo said:

commander pro.png

oh you have an micro atx mb...

so you have 2 set of usb 2.0 and and usb 3.2. the usb 2.0 has 2 in it. and the usb 3.2 should be backward compatible with usb 2.0 with an adapter.  you can buy a splitor for the usb 2.0 but i dont no if the core or commander need both to work. im guessing the commander dose for the hub but i would think the core should work with just one.

seems like a shit tone of fans for an micro atx...but w/e

usb2.0.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

On 1/15/2021 at 6:51 PM, thrasher_565 said:

oh you have an micro atx mb...

so you have 2 set of usb 2.0 and and usb 3.2. the usb 2.0 has 2 in it. and the usb 3.2 should be backward compatible with usb 2.0 with an adapter.  you can buy a splitor for the usb 2.0 but i dont no if the core or commander need both to work. im guessing the commander dose for the hub but i would think the core should work with just one.

seems like a shit tone of fans for an micro atx...but w/e

usb2.0.png

I definitely agree with your solution, I was just wondering if there was a corsair solution itself. I already ordered a usb 2.0 hub that works, just annoying that I had to buy an extra component cuz Corsair didnt make their products compatible for 3yrs +

2 minutes ago, kyookyoo said:

I definitely agree with your solution, I was just wondering if there was a corsair solution itself. I already ordered a usb 2.0 hub that works, just annoying that I had to buy an extra component cuz Corsair didnt make their products compatible for 3yrs +

ya i dont no why it didn't work some one will no why thow. i guess its kinda free in the commander but still.

24 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya i dont no why it didn't work some one will no why thow. i guess its kinda free in the commander but still.

Appreciate you feedback though, thanks @thrasher_565. 🙂