Will a Ryzen 3 3300X bottleneck an RX 5700?

Eat Soup
Go to solution Solved by Downkey,
8 minutes ago, Eat Soup said:

I am considering overclocking both the cpu and gpu. I'm planning to purchase 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz memory.

It will def be fine. The 3100 doesn't bottleneck the 5700XT so the 5700 will be a good combo with a 3300x

I am considering overclocking both the cpu and gpu. I'm planning to purchase 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz memory.

The 3300x performs roughly the same as the Ryzen 5 3600 in gaming. I don't think you will be bottlenecked unless you're playing large open world games then you might be slightly bottlenecked because of the 4 cores.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

8 minutes ago, Eat Soup said:

It will def be fine. The 3100 doesn't bottleneck the 5700XT so the 5700 will be a good combo with a 3300x

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

Alright, thank you!

9 minutes ago, tishous said:

The 3300x performs roughly the same as the Ryzen 5 3600 in gaming. I don't think you will be bottlenecked unless you're playing large open world games then you might be slightly bottlenecked because of the 4 cores.

Do you think this cpu would struggle running GTA V on ultra at 60fps?

Just now, Eat Soup said:

Do you think this cpu would struggle running GTA V on ultra?

No you'll be more than fine. I was thinking more like Cyberpunk, but you can just reduce the NPCs if you do run into performance issues.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.