24 pin connector

Vosiku
Go to solution Solved by Vosiku,

Thanks i bend the pins back and now if i move the cable around it doesn’t shut down anymore.

Thank you all for trying to help me! 

Hi guys i have a problem with my 24 pin connector i hope that you see it on the image. I think they are like bend or something i don’t know but the pc keeps shuts down because of that and if i slightly move the cable it turns on so its gotta be a psu cable problem.

I posted a picture with the motherboard connector too.

Do i have to buy another psu or how can i fix it?

6D18FA4C-E5A8-4C0E-B226-015F4FD59B30.jpeg

F54F633B-A806-436F-9296-5DB909DE5EC8.jpeg

BA722595-AD3D-4707-8E96-D4F2ABAB0196.jpeg

I would contact the power supply manufacturer and see what they say and if they can send out a new cable for you, possibly free of charge. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Unless I am missing something here, this looks quite normal. If it's the missing pin you're worried about, don't be. That's just a leftover from a previous 24-pin standard when it had -5V. Nothing to worry about.

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

I would contact the power supply manufacturer and see what they say and if they can send out a new cable for you, possibly free of charge. 

The warranty expired so i don’t know what they can do.

And i bought it from a reseller.

2 minutes ago, RandomPcGamer357 said:

Unless I am missing something here, this looks quite normal. If it's the missing pin you're worried about, don't be. That's just a leftover from a previous 24-pin standard when it had -5V. Nothing to worry about.

Inside the connector for the power cable, some of the contact pins that are shaped like [ ] are split with a big gap in between them, causing poor contact with the pins on the motherboard side. That's why OP says he can put force on the cable and the PC turns on. 

if i slightly move the cable it turns on so its gotta be a psu cable problem.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, RandomPcGamer357 said:

Look at the right down pin you can see that its like expended and it doesnt make good contact with the mobo

Just now, Vosiku said:

The warranty expired so i don’t know what they can do.

And i bought it from a reseller.

Then your best bet is get a new power supply, this time with a long warranty. The PSU Tier List is a great place to start. 

Got needle-nose pliers?  Unplug the PSU and try to make the bad connectors look more like the good connectors then plug it back in and see if it's better.

But yeah, A new PSU is in order.

5 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Then your best bet is get a new power supply, this time with a long warranty. The PSU Tier List is a great place to start. 

It’s a good psu a Corsair VS550 80+ and i don’t really wanna spend money on another one.

You can see the pin that i’m talking about in the picture it’s like expended i don’t know :))

F7F3C3B8-7027-4860-9844-E7BC8D08AC17.jpeg

4 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Got needle-nose pliers?  Unplug the PSU and try to make the bad connectors look more like the good connectors then plug it back in and see if it's better.

But yeah, A new PSU is in order.

I think it’s the only thing that i can try thanks

50 minutes ago, Vosiku said:

Hi guys i have a problem with my 24 pin connector i hope that you see it on the image. I think they are like bend or something i don’t know but the pc keeps shuts down because of that and if i slightly move the cable it turns on so its gotta be a psu cable problem.

I posted a picture with the motherboard connector too.

Do i have to buy another psu or how can i fix it?

6D18FA4C-E5A8-4C0E-B226-015F4FD59B30.jpeg

F54F633B-A806-436F-9296-5DB909DE5EC8.jpeg

BA722595-AD3D-4707-8E96-D4F2ABAB0196.jpeg

Nothing severely wrong with it, just bend the pins back in shape with a screwdriver, pliers, or that thing women pluck their eyebrows with lool I don't even know how its called

Thanks i bend the pins back and now if i move the cable around it doesn’t shut down anymore.

Thank you all for trying to help me!