Microsoft office standard edition 2003 always starts up when unwanted

Abzilla

Hi,

whenever I open some things like steam or processes, Microsoft office SE 2003 begins downloading but never completes. How can I delete it as I can’t find it in the control panel

E070E3F5-66F4-44BA-8265-E777B2C50B1B.jpeg

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

-> Moved to Windows

You haven't ever had it installed? Could be malware of sort.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Windows

You haven't ever had it installed? Could be malware of sort.

From what I know, I used my mum's old hdd for additional space which must've still had some old bits of software but thats just my guess

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

35 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

From what I know, I used my mum's old hdd for additional space which must've still had some old bits of software but thats just my guess

That shouldn't have it popup like that. Unless you have somehow selected autorun for the drive and everytime it starts, that installer will run. And since the software is FAR OUT of support (this being XP era Office), Windows is just canceling it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

27 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

That shouldn't have it popup like that. Unless you have somehow selected autorun for the drive and everytime it starts, that installer will run. And since the software is FAR OUT of support (this being XP era Office), Windows is just canceling it.

so what can i do to stop it?

43 minutes ago, Abzilla said:

so what can i do to stop it?

Since I'm not sure if it is what I said before, I can only give couple things to try. The settings for autorun are in Windows option under Devices. Additionally, you could try with tools like CCleaner and see if the installer is listed in startup processes there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I recall this issue back in XP days. Office was a pain back then. It has to do with a system file that is part of Office being attempted to be loaded, but is missing, so Office setup attempts to repair. It has been so long that I forgot down to fix it. But you can try uninstall Ong Office 2003, restart, and re-install it, of you insist in having it (just use the online one, it's free)

23 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I recall this issue back in XP days. Office was a pain back then. It has to do with a system file that is part of Office being attempted to be loaded, but is missing, so Office setup attempts to repair. It has been so long that I forgot down to fix it. But you can try uninstall Ong Office 2003, restart, and re-install it, of you insist in having it (just use the online one, it's free)

I’ll give that a go