Why does Cyberpunk 2077 Work on some Pc´s without any flaws, and then there are some which don´t even rly start it

lh99

So quick backstory. 

I recently purchased Cyberpunk 2077, but everytime after 5 minutes of gaming my screen just frooze and only a restart would get it out of this problem.

So i was wondering as i´m running a rtx 3060ti and i saw Gamers Nexus do a large part of their benachmarking for Cyberpunk2077 also on a rtx 3060ti without any flaws as far as i could see, 

why is it that on seemingly the same graphics solution for one person it is working fine and for others its just a complete mess?

Rest of my pc parts differ from the one that Gamers Nexus used, but should that really have an impact?

Thankfull for anyone that can explain to my why games or programs behave in this way, and also if somebody can tell me a workaround to get this game running at my pc. 

There are millions of different hardware combinations and issues that can arise because of that. Posting your specs will maybe help us identify a problem.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Sometimes the problem lies not with the hardware, it can be the drivers or windows update.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

38 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

There are millions of different hardware combinations and issues that can arise because of that. Posting your specs will maybe help us identify a problem.

Specs of my pc are:

i7-5820k @4.1GHz stable for last 5 Years

msi x99s xpower ac

4x4GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz Cl16

500GB 850Evo and 2TB Segate HDD (had installed it on both, on both the problem occured)

Rtx 3060ti msi gaming x trio

Enermax Platimax 750w PSU

connected to a dell 1440p monitor

I guess fans and peripherals won´t be important.

Running a fresh Windows install since christmas. Game was downloaded through Epic Games Launcher. GoG Account was activated. 

Newest Nvidia Game Ready driver and Windows Update are installed

1 hour ago, lh99 said:

This could very well be the problem. I also had crashes in cyberpunk due to my CPU OC. And i didn't have problems in any other game/app before. Try without all your OCs.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 hours ago, lh99 said:

Specs of my pc are:

msi x99s xpower ac

500GB 850Evo and 2TB Segate HDD (had installed it on both, on both the problem occured)

Running a fresh Windows install since christmas. Game was downloaded through Epic Games Launcher. GoG Account was activated. 

Have you tried running it without your OC? And are you OCing your GPU? I mean manual OC, not just the built in NVidia OC or MSI's possible upclocking.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 1/12/2021 at 8:43 AM, lh99 said:

Specs of my pc are:

msi x99s xpower ac

Maybe it's time for a cpu upgrade and/or a ram upgrade... I know this probably isn't a big deal but your ram doesn't meet the recommended requirements

On 1/14/2021 at 4:05 PM, fatmansmemes said:

Maybe it's time for a cpu upgrade and/or a ram upgrade... I know this probably isn't a big deal but your ram doesn't meet the recommended requirements

Ram is 16Gb recommended and i have 16gb in total, bandwith shouldnt be a concern because of quad channel config...idk cpu could be a bottleneck but is above the recommended i7 4790..

On 1/12/2021 at 6:30 PM, Sarra said:

Have you tried running it without your OC? And are you OCing your GPU? I mean manual OC, not just the built in NVidia OC or MSI's possible upclocking.

Didnt OC GPU and didn't encounter thermal or power limits. Will try tomorrow without cpu oc