Bios issue MSI b550 gaming plus.

Adiont

I just built my first system, and I am having bios issues. First time trying to boot into the bios the screen was "blank" only text on the screen were CPU Speed and DDR speed and I was unable to navigate . Restarted the system hitting F11 to get into the boot menu and a blank dialog box popped up. Just hit enter and was able to go through with windows installation.  I tried many times to get into the bios after setting up windows and it was the same issue. Looked up issue online and saw to remove CMOS battery and restart the system. Did this and was able to boot into the bios, but seconds into the bios it would freeze and I would have to restart the system. After restarting the first issue came back and I would have a "blank" screen and it would freeze. Thought that I just had a bad board. Took apart my system, exchanged board for a new B550 gaming plus today. I did a bios flashback update before installing the mother board. Assembled my system went to boot and the same issue except this time there is a little bit more information on the screen, but I am still unable to see any information or navigate the bios menu. The system works fine when I am in windows except my ram is running at a very low speed. Has anyone else had this issue and now how to resolve or am I just the most unlucky person ever?  
System specs.

msi b550 gaming plus

Ryzen 3700x

Cosair 16g ram

asus 3060ti

49DB8298-04BD-41D0-AD62-E080129E9BCE.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Good day,

i see that this post is quite old, but it is the same problem that i now have.

Have you maybe found a solution?

I bought a new card a few days ago, and it works in windows without a hitch, but i cannot enter BIOS.

Ryzen 5800x

ASRock RX 6800 Challenger OC

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

IMG_20221213_191503.jpg

My B550 A-Pro once had an issue where it would freeze solid inside the BIOS. Never figured out why. It eventually fixed itself or I accidentally fixed it by rearranging my USB devices. The USB 2.x port for BIOS Flashback used to have my wireless mouse adapter but I remember I stopped using that port because I want to keep it open and available for future use, and the freeze issue stopped after the rearrangement. 

In your case, I would either risk upgrading the BIOS using the Flashback feature or MSI's "unsupported" UEFI Shell Flash Tool ...

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/forum-uefi-shell-flash-tool-v1-19-for-msi-boards-✔.343010/

Because this looks like corruption, I recommend the "Blind Flash" version of the tool ... 

Keep in mind this tool has no cross-flash nor mis-flash protection whatsoever, so it can use used to downgrade or upgrade the BIOS, or even cross-flash a BIOS from one board unto another (i.e. turning a B550 Gaming Plus into a B550 A-Pro or vice versa). Very dangerous, very useful tool.  

Thank you for the reply. I have put into the B550 Tomahawk ASRock RX5600XT gpu, entered BIOS normally and updated the BIOS to the latest version.

Put the RX6800 back and the same thing is happening, tried to plug every usb out and every SSD and HDD, and nothing worked..

Cannot enter BIOS with ASRock RX6800 and B550 Tomahawk (Pictures in the first post)

I can enter BIOS when i plug in ASRock RX6800 into Asus B450 MBO (I have that MBO at my workplace)

I can enter BIOS when i plug in ASRock RX5600XT into B550 Tomahawk (Pictures in the first post)

So the only problem is the combination of ASRock RX6800 and B550 Tomahawk. And i can enter windows os and play games and use the pc without a hitch or any kind of problem, only the BIOS is how it is..