Inter Tech Argus?

Just a Random Joe

How good is Inter Tech Argus exactly? I've heard many reviews and most of them said they are not that bad, but not exactly what you would buy if you cared for your pc. I want to know your opinion on this PSU exactly: https://inter-tech.de/en/products/psu/atx/argus-rgb-750w-cm-ii as it offers 750W 80+ Gold RGB and Semi Modularity at around 90$, the next closest thing with these specs being 120$ or something like that. Is it good and reliable enough? Do you know of any case of Inter Tech Argus power supplies failing? And can the missing protection ratings such as OTP and OVC cause problems? Is this too good to be true deal really too good to be true? 

Never even hear of it, if it isn't on the PSU list I wouldn't risk it 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Never even hear of it, if it isn't on the PSU list I wouldn't risk it 

I mean, it wouldn't be buyable from the most reliable retailer here if it wasn't reliable enough or just die after a year or so, right? 

1 minute ago, Just a Random Joe said:

I mean, it wouldn't be buyable from the most reliable retailer here if it wasn't reliable enough or just die after a year or so, right? 

Retails can still sell bad products they don't test em they just sell them

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Inter-Tech is a small German brand.  Surprised they have it in Romania.

It does bother me that they're advertising this as 80 PLUS Gold, but it's nowhere on the 80 PLUS website.

That said... The PSU is actually made by Helly and is the same on the inside as this:  https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1st-player-steampunk-ps-750sp-750-w/

Cheap caps, cheap MOSFETs, cheap fan.  Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Acrylic panels on the side of the casing reminds me of the Apevia Warlock.

"36 months warranty"

Funny how products with 10 year warranty are never advertised as 120 month warranty

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

That said... The PSU is actually made by Helly and is the same on the inside as this:  https://www.techpowerup.com/review/1st-player-steampunk-ps-750sp-750-w/

1st player offers a 7 year warranty, inter-tech only 3. I wonder if 1st player is being too ambitious with their warranty period or if inter-tech has further cost-down the unit. Probably both.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

1st player offers a 7 year warranty, inter-tech only 3. I wonder if 1st player is being too ambitious with their warranty period or if inter-tech has further cost-down the unit. Probably both.

1st Player IS Helly.  It's their house brand.  Easier to support your own product than one you contract out.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Wtf did they call it steampunk for ?

I want a riveted copper housing, little cogs turning, a flickering incandescent light, a fan driven by a belt and orange lit tubes connected to nothing.

Puffs of steam coming out would be cool but probably not practical.

Stay away from inter tech🔥

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

• 2 years later...

In my opinion Argus psu are really good budget options. I sold many  pc's with Argus psu and I never had a problem with them. 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, DoctorNick said:

Stay away from inter tech🔥

I have the C303 case from Inter Tech, for 40€ ist is an solid option 

On 9/2/2023 at 7:59 PM, Redstoneluchs_ said:

I have the C303 case from Inter Tech, for 40€ ist is an solid option 

I meant there PSU's. IDK, can't you get other brands for the same price would you say? Last but not least, it's bad forum behavior to wake a thread from 2 years ago 😛

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.