ASUS ARES II,The Fastest Graphics Card in The World.

TechFan@ic

The ASUS ROG ARES II features Dual Radeon HD 7970 GHz chips (Tahiti XT2) which feature 4096 compute units and GPU Boost ability on Radeon HD 7000 series graphic cards. The GPU runs at an impressive core frequency of 1050 MHz at stock and 1100 MHz boost clock frequency. A massive 6 GB VRAM (2 x 3 GB) is included on the ARES II which is clocked at an effective 6.6 GHz GDDR5 frequency along a dual 384-bit memory bus interface. ARES II is powered by a hefty PCB design which makes use of 20 Phases featuring the DIGI+ VRM design. Three 8 Pin PCI-e connectors are required to push the card to load. This puts the rated TDP around 500W with an PSU Recommendation of no less than 850W.

ASUSS-ARES-II-635x450.jpg

ASUS ROG ARES II is 13% faster than the GeForce GTX 690 from NVIDIA and 31C cooler than it thanks to the Hybrid water cooler with a total heat dissipation power of 600W.

The cooler on the card is quite different than older ARES GPU designs from ASUS. The ASUS ARES II comes in a rectangular shape with designs on its shroud similar to its Crosshair series motherboards. A striking ARES II logo is placed near the single 100mm fan. Unlike making another three-slot TUL Edition HD 7990, ASUS went with a quit different solution to fix the cooling problem of the card while retaining dual slots. The solution was to give ARES II an independent Closed Loop All-In-One liquid cooler with an 120mm radiator that can be attached within a CPU case. The 120mm radiator would be equipped with two 120mm PWM controlled fans.

ASUS-ARES-II-635x476.jpg

ASUS-ARES-II-Specs.jpg

A bit overkill but still I would buy it, it looks damn nice. Sucks that i just bought a 7970 matrix platinum.

If it wasnt 1000$ i would buy it right there it would be better if it was in the 600-800$ range :(

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Anyone tried out the Powercolour Devil 13? How would the devil 13 compare?

Current Build

Anyone tried out the Powercolour Devil 13? How would the devil 13 compare?
They are very close in terms of performance , you will get about 100-200 more MHz on the cores with the Ares II, and the water cooling allows for it to be a dual slot rather than a triple slot card .

Well actually two seperate 7970 would be still a better option, and that thing must weigh a ton it would probally put verry much stress on your Pci-e slot.

Well actually two seperate 7970 would be still a better option' date=' and that thing must weigh a ton it would probally put verry much stress on your Pci-e slot.[/quote']

There needs to be a second means of suspension on modern video cards.

As for the GPU.....I'm sooooooo jelly >.

Are these things for sale anywhere yet?!

Preferably somewhere that ships to the UK