AMD Thredripper 3970x AIO Water Cooler

Hi, everyone. I have to cool an AMD Thredripper 3970x with an AIO Water Cooler. Do you think the Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler is okay? And what do you think would be the best AIO cooler for tr4?

Thanks, guys.

Unfortunately, there are no longer any recommendable TR4 AIOs.

You had Enermax and Cooler Master making some, but the Enermax kill themselves w/ growth issues, and cooler master simply stopped making the MasterLiquid ML360 RGB Thread Ripper TR4 Edition almost immediately for some reason. So your options are to settle for a not optimal AIO, or get a proper air cooler from Noctua, BeQuiet, and a few others. Any reason it has to be an AIO? I mean, it'll get the job done, but you certainly will be leaving headroom on the table.

I'd exclude air-cooling. I'd like to use liquid cooling but not custom loop because I have an average but not enough budget for a custom loop.

17 minutes ago, EnricoPicchio said:

I'd exclude air-cooling. I'd like to use liquid cooling but not custom loop because I have an average but not enough budget for a custom loop.

Yes, but what is the reason you think an AIO is necessary over air?

0G1A9604.thumb.jpg.7241b8c5082e28f91624adb48ff8b24f.jpg

This is what I mean when I say sub-optimal.

I know the answer is trivial but aesthetic. I prefer a liquid one to air cooling but given the low budget I can't do it to custom loop and so I should use an AIO.

3970X has the dies close to centre. I think its 3990X where the aio coldplate starts to make a bigger difference to temps as it spreads out more with 4 more chiplets. But I would still go custom loop or U14/Freezer 50 tr.

1 minute ago, EnricoPicchio said:

I know the answer is trivial but aesthetic. I prefer a liquid one to air cooling but given the low budget I can't do it to custom loop and so I should use an AIO.

Then sure, go with the Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT. The chip will be okay. There won't be any danger in running it or anything.

7 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Then sure, go with the Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT. The chip will be okay. There won't be any danger in running it or anything.

So if I choose this AIO liquid cooler, the cooling plate would be fine?image.thumb.png.df1ab32f6b7f0ddf8c5dacf064c9fe6b.png