Is is possible for me to move my SSD and hard drive into a new computer?

WithinHeaven
Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,

You can continue using Windows, but it's recommended to reinstall, because of the changed hardware needing new drivers and such. You may have to reactivate the license anyway, since Windows will typically require that after a motherboard change.

So if I were to move my SSD and hard drive into a new computer with different specs CPU, GPU, motherboard, etc. Would it be possible to keep all its space? I'm asking this question because I don't really want to pay for windows 10 again and yes, I know there is a free version of windows. 

You can continue using Windows, but it's recommended to reinstall, because of the changed hardware needing new drivers and such. You may have to reactivate the license anyway, since Windows will typically require that after a motherboard change.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

There's no free version of windows.

You can use it in another computer, you may need to reactivate.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

There's no free version of windows.

Sure there is! It's called "Unactivated Edition" ;) 

55 minutes ago, WithinHeaven said:

So if I were to move my SSD and hard drive into a new computer with different specs CPU, GPU, motherboard, etc. Would it be possible to keep all its space? I'm asking this question because I don't really want to pay for windows 10 again and yes, I know there is a free version of windows. 

You can easily get windows. You are building a new system so you don't won't an old OS setup for a different computer. If your new computer is much different from the old one you will have problems to windows such being slow, random errors popping up or windows not botting at all.