Someone Explain This! in a simple way pls

I found this in my bios. Why are they written in red? explain me what is happening..

My hdd is too slow, i dont know if it is related to this.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 9.03.18 PM.jpeg

1 minute ago, Vinssss said:

I found this in my bios. explain me what is happening..

Explain what? The box with the voltages? It just displays the voltages supplied to the mobo.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

What do you mean it is "too slow"?
And what PSU do you have - the 12V and 5V rail look kinda high...

elephants

I believe that your power supply is a matter of more pressing concern.

Is it 2.5" or 3.5" and how big is it's capacity? If you know the make and model then that would great. It should say what the drive model is in the bios.

The voltages are dangerously high. This can damage can damage your computer. Can you send us a picture of the label on the PSU (Power supply unit)

6 minutes ago, JustUni said:

The voltages are outside of the voltage tolerance range as specified in the ATX V2.2 standard for +12V which is +11.400V to +12.600V the +5V bus is also out of range, that's why they are marked in RED. Can you tell me what is the manufactured of the power supply? Your power supply seems to be of poor quality.

Zebronics 400 w, 

If it is bad ,like what should i do? Do i need to worry or keep working ?

2 minutes ago, Vinssss said:

Zebronics 400 w, 

If it is bad ,like what should i do? Do i need to worry or keep working ?

You should replace it as soon as you can - it's providing too-high voltages to components and is not on the PSU tier list.

elephants

I have never heard that name, and after online and seeing the price i recommend that you do not use the computer until you get a power supply from a reputable company. A power supply should never be that cheap. A bad power supply can damage your computer so what you saved on the power supply you will spend on a whole new computer.

Did you put the computer together yourself or did you buy it pre-built?

5 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

supply voltages from your PSU are higher than standard

this will not be contributing to a slow HDD

Or the PC's longevity... It exceeds the ATX standard allowed range.

12 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

Op didn’t ask about that and it had already been mentioned that the voltages weren’t a good sign. Sit down.

Looks like i'm not witty or funny. Thanks for being honest i guess.

1 hour ago, JustUni said:

I have never heard that name, and after online and seeing the price i recommend that you do not use the computer until you get a power supply from a reputable company. A power supply should never be that cheap. A bad power supply can damage your computer so what you saved on the power supply you will spend on a whole new computer.

Did you put the computer together yourself or did you buy it pre-built?

Pre built , by the way thanks for helping me out . I will replace the psu as soon as possible 😃

18 minutes ago, JustUni said:

The voltages are outside of the voltage tolerance range as specified in the ATX V2.2 standard for +12V which is +11.400V to +12.600V. Can you tell me what is the manufactured of the power supply?

1 hour ago, JustUni said:

The voltages are dangerously high. This can damage can damage your computer. Can you send us a picture of the label on the PSU (Power supply unit)

22 minutes ago, JustUni said:

Or its longevity...

It may be a shit tier power supply but 5% out of spec isn't the least bit dangerous. Everything that those rails power will either have SMPS to buck the voltage down for the high current devices or it will have a LDO linear regulator to burn off the excess voltage down to the desired point. In the case of the SMPS which will most likely be found on the 12VDC rail because that's where your high current devices are found the SMPS will simply adjust duty cycle to compensate for a higher input voltage. On any half decent device you will have more than enough engineering margins to cover any inconsistencies such as this.

Your computer components will suffer catastrophic damage from events like inrush's on startup from a PSU that lacks MOV's and thermistors along with a controller that doesn't use a softstart. Or they suffer physical damage because the PSU utilized capacitors that have a extremely unfavorable failure modes that cause thermal runaway. (fire) 

As far as longevity goes ripple will be of more concern than a voltage rail that is 5% higher than spec, but this is a big reason why devices have capacitors in the first place. Al electrolytic's can be damaged by heating caused from I2R losses but as long as a design has some low ESR/ESL capacitors such as Polymer Tantalums, Polymer Aluminum or MLCC's in a parallel with the AL bulks caps the losses will be reduced substantially.

If you want to bash a on PSU you're better off looking at its layout and component selection in addition to measurements taken with a scope and a programmable load and not just a voltage deviation measured by a cheap low sample rate ADC found in an electrically noisy environment such as motherboard. Also making sure that it has NTC thermistors, varistors and PTC resettable fuses to handle, inrush voltage/current as well as overcurrent protection is of higher concern than a 5% deviation in spec. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Just now, trag1c said:

It may be a shit tier power supply but 5% out of spec isn't the least bit dangerous. Everything that those rails power will either have SMPS to buck the voltage down for the high current devices or it will have a LDO linear regulator to burn off the excess voltage down to the desired point. In the case of the SMPS which will most likely be found on the 12VDC rail because that's where your high current devices are found the SMPS will simply adjust duty cycle to compensate for a higher input voltage. On any half decent device you will have more than enough engineering margins to cover any inconsistencies such as this.

Your computer components will suffer catastrophic damage from events like inrush's on startup from a PSU that lacks MOV's and thermistors along with a controller that doesn't use a softstart. Or they suffer physical damage because the PSU utilized capacitors that have a extremely unfavorable failure modes that cause thermal runaway. (fire) 

As far as longevity goes ripple will be of more concern than a voltage rail that is 5% higher than spec, but this is a big reason why devices have capacitors in the first place. Al electrolytic's can be damaged by heating caused from I2R losses but as long as a design has some low ESR/ESL capacitors such as Polymer Tantalums, Polymer Aluminum or MLCC's in a parallel with the AL bulks caps the losses will be reduced substantially.

If you want to bash a on PSU you're better off looking at its layout and component selection in addition to measurements taken with a scope and a programmable load and not just a voltage deviation measured by a cheap low sample rate ADC found in an electrically noisy environment such as motherboard. Also making sure that it has NTC thermistors, varistors and PTC resettable fuses to handle, inrush voltage/current as well as overcurrent protection is of higher concern than a 5% deviation in spec. 

Bad PSUs can die and take systems with them.

elephants

2 minutes ago, trag1c said:

It costs 8 dollars i think its fair for my expectations to be low? I don't have his exact power supply on hand to disassemble and reverse-engineer the circuit. But 8 dollars is a good indicator that the power supply will be poorly made.

3 minutes ago, trag1c said:

Also, would you put an 8 dollar PSU in your system?

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Also, would you put an 8 dollar PSU in your system?

2 minutes ago, JustUni said:

It costs 8 dollars i think its fair for my expectations to be low? I don't have his exact power supply on hand to disassemble and reverse-engineer the circuit. But 8 dollars is a good indicator that the power supply will be poorly made.

3 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Bad PSUs can die and take systems with them.

You both missed the point here. I never said that it wasn't a bad PSU or that bad PSU's can't destroy a computer for which I even specified how that occurs. Some of my first words was that its a shit tier power supply. But simply stating that a 5% variance out of spec is dangerously high or damaging is simply inaccurate. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz