Bible read order

Wictorian

So I downloaded bible in audio form and it comes in 4 parts, yuhanna, matta,luka, markos (maybe its different in my language)

In what order should I listen? ( Im not christian so I dont know)

49 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

(maybe its different in my language)

It is.

From what I can tell (by Googling) it is like this:

Hindi - English

Yuhanna - John

Matta - Matthew

Luka - Luke

Markos - Mark

The order to read them in also depends on how you want to consume it. Do you want it in chronological order or do you want it in a "good mix of old and new testament"? Some Christians prefer the latter, while some prefer the former. It depends on what your goals are.

What you have downloaded it not the full bible by the way. It's the 4 gospels told "by" Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. All four of them tell the same story but with different interpretations. The reason for the citation marks around "by" is because the authors of the four different gospels are not known and the names were added later for convenience. In any case, Mark (Markos) was the first one to be written if we look at it historically, and Matthew and Luke were both written with Mark as a source. I believe John was the last to be written and contains some contradictions with the other 3.

48 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

It is.

From what I can tell (by Googling) it is like this:

Hindi - English

Yuhanna - John

Matta - Matthew

Luka - Luke

Markos - Mark

The order to read them in also depends on how you want to consume it. Do you want it in chronological order or do you want it in a "good mix of old and new testament"? Some Christians prefer the latter, while some prefer the former. It depends on what your goals are.

What you have downloaded it not the full bible by the way. It's the 4 gospels told "by" Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. All four of them tell the same story but with different interpretations. The reason for the citation marks around "by" is because the authors of the four different gospels are not known and the names were added later for convenience. In any case, Mark (Markos) was the first one to be written if we look at it historically, and Matthew and Luke were both written with Mark as a source. I believe John was the last to be written and contains some contradictions with the other 3.

Its Turkish btw

So can I listen in any order?

And are they very similar to each other? 

1 hour ago, Wictorian said:

Its Turkish btw

Oh, sorry for calling it Hindi. Guess I should I should have looked at your location tag before making assumptions.

Yes you can listen to them in any order. But like I said, some were written before the others.

Yes, a lot of similarities. Some chapters are exact copies (like Matthew 11:6 and Luke 7:23), and some chapters are very similar but with a couple of words changed (like Matthew 11:7 and Luke 7:24).

Might not be my place to say this since I don't know your reasoning or position, but the Bible is a really shitty book. I don't think it's worth reading (or listening to).

3 hours ago, Wictorian said:

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Yes, a lot of similarities. Some chapters are exact copies (like Matthew 11:6 and Luke 7:23), and some chapters are very similar but with a couple of words changed (like Matthew 11:7 and Luke 7:24).

The four gospel books are tellings of the story and work of Jesus by four different people. So, while they cover the same life story, they reflect the differences of the memories and perceptions of the authors who wrote them. In some cases, they might document Jesus' words exactly the same, while in others they might phrase them a bit differently. Same with descriptions of how specific events played-out - some tellings might recall some additional or different details.

There are significant similarities between them, but there are also significant differences, both in style of writing and in the parts of Jesus' life-story which they cover. Some books will be more thorough about certain parts of the full story's timeline than others.

For example:

Matthew begins with Jesus' parents' travel to Bethlehem, before Jesus is born. Luke begins with John the baptist's parents receiving a message from an angel before John (Jesus' cousin) is born. Luke also talks about Jesus' birth and childhood before getting to his baptism at around the age of 30. The books of Mark and John (who isn't the same John as who baptized Jesus) begin with Jesus' baptism.

Another example is that Matthew and Mark cover the post-resurrection part of the story with just a few paragraphs, while Luke and John spend a bit more time on it and describe more post-resurrection events.

While a lot of the books overlap in what's told, each of the books contains additional information that the others don't.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

8 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

While a lot of the books overlap in what's told, each of the books contains additional information that the others don't.

Information? Nah.

Stories? Yep.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I think the bible orders it in a recommended order to read it. 

If you have a copy of a Bible and it has the order, you can do it that way. 

I was going to read it but stopped a few chapters in. 

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Information? Nah.

Stories? Yep.

Gotta let everyone know about your atheism and ruin it for people who aren't because otherwise you wouldn't be spreading the good word of your religion.

#Muricaparrotgang

6 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Gotta let everyone know about your atheism and ruin it for people who aren't because otherwise you wouldn't be spreading the good word of your religion.

I found it to be the most accurate comment in this thread.

Plus other people said it was stories too - why not pick on them?

5 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

The four gospel books are tellings of the story

the same life story

Jesus' life-story 

the post-resurrection part of the story 

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

41 minutes ago, fpo said:

I think the bible orders it in a recommended order to read it. 

If you have a copy of a Bible and it has the order, you can do it that way. 

I was going to read it but stopped a few chapters in. 

The bible orders them as follows:

1. Matthew (matta)
  2. Mark (markos)
  3. Luke (luka)
  4. John (yuhanna)

But there's really no set order you have to read them. They all tell the same basic story, with slight variations based on each author's perception and memory of the events and their style of writing.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

19 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

In the spirit of friendly debate I'll respond (albeit carefully)...

They are stories and anybody who claims otherwise is being insincere. Nobody rises from the grave, that's just a fact.

Now to be clear, I'm 100% not against other people having faith in whatever they choose, if it makes them happy and doesn't hurt them then its nobody else's business except for theirs. My opinion on something is my own and others are allowed to disagree.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

They are stories and anybody who claims otherwise is being insincere. Nobody rises from the grave, that's just a fact.

But if the basis of your belief is an all-powerful being capable of creating life as well as an entire universe, the idea of it being capable of raising someone from the dead doesn't sound so silly, does it?

You can't say that christians are being insincere when they say that Jesus rose from the dead, because on the basis of their beliefs something like that is entirely possible. You just don't agree with their basis.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

5 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

But if the basis of your belief is an all-powerful being capable of creating life as well as an entire universe, the idea of it being capable of raising someone from the dead doesn't sound so silly, does it?

You can't say that christians are being insincere when they say that Jesus rose from the dead, because on the basis of their beliefs something like that is entirely possible. You just don't agree with their basis.

Correct and like I said, I don't have to agree with other peoples beliefs and nobody else has to agree with mine.

Lets just leave it there since this discussion is bordering on a CS breach.

-Locked-

In the same vein as politics, religious debate is also something we don't allow 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P