Noctua - Which case fan for intake?

WingansK

So, I've been researching for some info about which fan I have to have as a intake fan by Noctua. I wanna make a theme around for the fans and will use Chromax series.

This starts because my fan radiator is big (it's a MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R) and can't fit a regular 140-140-25mm or 120-120-25mm fans. I have to use a 120-120-15mm fan and it's a Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM Chromax, and because of that I want a theme around it. I will as well buy a Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax as a exhale fan because the reviews is good for this fan as a exhale fan. But which fan by Noctua (Chromax series) is good for intake? Is it: Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax, Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax or Noctua NF-A9 PWM Chromax? Which one is the best intake for my case (not the radiator)? 

I know that Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM is the best fan, but that fan will break the color theme and that will be ugly. So please help me if you can! 

5 minutes ago, WingansK said:

So, I've been researching for some info about which fan I have to have as a intake fan by Noctua. I wanna make a theme around for the fans and will use Chromax series.

This starts because my fan radiator is big (it's a MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R) and can't fit a regular 140-140-25mm or 120-120-25mm fans. I have to use a 120-120-15mm fan and it's a Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM Chromax, and because of that I want a theme around it. I will as well buy a Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax as a exhale fan because the reviews is good for this fan as a exhale fan. But which fan by Noctua (Chromax series) is good for intake? Is it: Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax, Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax or Noctua NF-A9 PWM Chromax? Which one is the best intake? 

I know that Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM is the best fan, but that fan will break the color theme and that will be ugly. So please help me if you can! 

I think pretty much every fan by noctua is good tbh 

Just get whichever one fits your radiator without issues  

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Being on a radiator, you generally need to get a fan that is pressure optimized. NF-F12 PWM looks like your winner, there.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Just now, Ben17 said:

I think pretty much every fan by noctua is good tbh 

Just get whichever one fits your radiator without issues  

It's not for my radiator, it's for the airflow intake for my case. Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but if there was any different options you know

1 minute ago, WingansK said:

It's not for my radiator, it's for the airflow intake for my case. Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but if there was any different options you know

ah 

what case is it btw 

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

2 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

ah 

what case is it btw 

It is a Corsair Carbide SPEC-06 RGB

1 minute ago, WingansK said:

I'd get the noctua 140mm fans personally (I'd defn not a fan expert though xD) 

Just now, Ben17 said:

I'd get the noctua 140mm fans personally (I'd defn not a fan expert though xD) 

Can't have a 140mm fan, can only use a 120mm fan on that last spot

Just now, WingansK said:

Can't have a 140mm fan, can only use a 120mm fan on that last spot

ah 

I'd get a noctua 120mm whichever is the easiest/cheapest to get tbh 

1 minute ago, Ben17 said:

ah 

I'd get a noctua 120mm whichever is the easiest/cheapest to get tbh 

The prize doesn't matter, the cheapiest and the most expansive fan is like only 3 dollars haha

Just need to know which case fan is the best for intake to cool down my case by Noctua (Chromax series).. 😔

NF-A14's are hard to go wrong with. The lowest fan mount seems to be fairly blocked off anyway for 3x 120mm's. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

NF-A14's are hard to go wrong with. The lowest fan mount seems to be fairly blocked off anyway for 3x 120mm's. 

Yeah, the third fan spot (or the 6th fan spot) on the radiator is blocked by the shroud, so I'm going with 5 fans, still doing a good job. 

So, NF-A14 is the best choice for intake and cool the case? But the problem is that the only fan spot left is a 120mm fan. NF-A14 is a 140mm fan right? 

13 hours ago, WingansK said:

Yeah, the third fan spot (or the 6th fan spot) on the radiator is blocked by the shroud, so I'm going with 5 fans, still doing a good job. 

So, NF-A14 is the best choice for intake and cool the case? But the problem is that the only fan spot left is a 120mm fan. NF-A14 is a 140mm fan right? 

Yes, the NF-A14 is 140mm. I assumed that the front with 2x 140mm's wouldn't fit a third 120mm. Am I mistaken?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Rule of thumb when selecting fans:

If fan is unrestricted (no radiator, no thick mesh or no dust filter) -> airflow optimized fans (these usually have many thinner fan blades)

If fan is restricted (radiator, thick mesh or dust filter) -> pressure optimized fans (these usually have fewer thicker fan blades or very long, slightly thicker and highly curved fan blades)

11 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Rule of thumb when selecting fans:

If fan is unrestricted (no radiator, no thick mesh or no dust filter) -> airflow optimized fans (these usually have many thinner fan blades)

If fan is restricted (radiator, thick mesh or dust filter) -> pressure optimized fans (these usually have fewer thicker fan blades or very long, slightly thicker and highly curved fan blades)

well then, it will be NF-F12 as my intake fan! Because I have a dust filter!