can i put 2 GPU in one pc

saba17

Can I put two GPU in one computer and does it need to be the same video card?

You can put 2 GPU's in the same computer. If you want them to work together then it needs to be the same card and should support SLI or crossfire.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

3 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

You can put 2 GPU's in the same computer. If you want them to work together then it needs to be the same card and should support SLI or crossfire.

By same card do you mean exact same model or just same class as in any AiB 2080 will do but it must be a 2080 and no a super or Ti?

3 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

thank you and i have  sapphire rx 570  and if i buy another one can them work together,or should i buy rx 580 or something else

If your wanting more performance in gaming, sell the existing card and buy a faster one. Multi-GPU's just dont work that well (or in many cases, at all) for gaming.

If you are wanting the second GPU for other reasons, say rendering workloads, VM's or other general compute applications, then sure you can fit what you like and they dont have to match so long as your software can utilise whatever you've installed.

1 minute ago, Aragorn- said:

If your wanting more performance in gaming, sell the existing card and buy a faster one. Multi-GPU's just dont work that well (or in many cases, at all) for gaming.

If you are wanting the second GPU for other reasons, say rendering workloads, VM's or other general compute applications, then sure you can fit what you like and they dont have to match so long as your software can utilise whatever you've installed.

thank you.i am going to buy new GPU what do you reccomend.

i have

CPU-I3 9100F 3.6 GHZ

RAM-16GB

PSU-600W

HDD-1TB

SSD-128GB

MOTHERBOARD-Z370P D3 GIGABYTE 

wich GPU should i buy for 350-400 dollars.maybe 450 dollars.

14 minutes ago, Chris Fortune said:

By same card do you mean exact same model or just same class as in any AiB 2080 will do but it must be a 2080 and no a super or Ti?

Same class. So like 2 2080 or 2 3090 if the nvlink/sli bridge fits.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

2 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

what you think what should i upgrade in my pc.i was thinking GPU for 350-400 dollars and maybe 450 dollars.

this is the pc.what should i upgrade for that money

CPU-I3 9100F 3.6 GHZ

RAM-16GB

PSU-600W

HDD-1TB

SSD-128GB

GPU-rx 570 4gb

MOTHERBOARD-Z370P D3 GIGABYTE 

17 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

For Nvidia you need the same GPU Core, ie 1060 to a 1060, not 2060 to 2060super

But at one point, AMD crossfire worked across multiple GPU types, like APU + GPU

Though I don't remember it ever working properly

As for OP, yes you can fit more than one GPU (and type of GPU) in a system, it depends on your software if it needs SLI or not, most professional softwares don't

Games do need SLI/CF but it's generally a bad idea if you're using it for games.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately