Is the 5600xt a good buy at the start of 2021

The 5600xt is the only card that i can find available, would you say it is worth it to buy it now but upgrade in a year or two time, or be patient and wait a couple more months to get a 3060ti?

6 minutes ago, Joe Slamon said:

The 5600xt is the only card that i can find available, would you say it is worth it to buy it now but upgrade in a year or two time, or be patient and wait a couple more months to get a 3060ti?

If you are impatient get 5600xt

and if you can wait a while then obviously 3060 Ti

and Nvidia will be releasing the 3060 Non Ti model soon and 3050's    So wait a little to find out what they got

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, Joe Slamon said:

I would say if you are impatient (like me) and you just wanna game already get the 5600xt.BUT if you have no problem waiting a couple of months then get the 3060 ti.It also comes down to if you want Ray Tracing and the price of the cards of course.

In my opinion, since i am EXTREMELY impatient i would buy the 5600xt so i don't have to wait a couple of months.But if i was in your place then i would of regretted it.BUT HEY atleast you get to play games earlier.

Also a happy new year!

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

4 hours ago, Joe Slamon said:

I say No.. It would been better if you get RX 580 if your playing still at 1080p. Still Average 100+ FPS on EA Sports.

Are you running a total dogshit gpu right now? Or do you not even have a gpu? Those are the only two cases I'd even think about buying a gpu now. Between weak supply, resellers, and fucking crypto the gpu market is trash.

If you could get one for under $300 maybe.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

43 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Are you running a total dogshit gpu right now? Or do you not even have a gpu? Those are the only two cases I'd even think about buying a gpu now. Between weak supply, resellers, and fucking crypto the gpu market is trash.

I currently have a HD5450 from 2009, it has 512mb of ddr2 vram at 600mhz, so yes my gpu is kinda shit. The market is so bad at the moment and idk if I can be arsed waiting any longer

2 hours ago, probablydumb said:

I would say if you are impatient (like me) and you just wanna game already get the 5600xt.BUT if you have no problem waiting a couple of months then get the 3060 ti.It also comes down to if you want Ray Tracing and the price of the cards of course.

In my opinion, since i am EXTREMELY impatient i would buy the 5600xt so i don't have to wait a couple of months.But if i was in your place then i would of regretted it.BUT HEY atleast you get to play games earlier.

Also a happy new year!

Happy new year to you too!

I'm at the limit of my patience trying to get a gpu now, ive had my system over a month and i cant use it yet. I'm thinking to get a 5600xt for like a year or two and then by then hopefully the market will be better and i can get a rtx card and by then some more ray tracing games will be out hopefully

1 hour ago, Joe Slamon said:

I currently have a HD5450 from 2009, it has 512mb of ddr2 vram at 600mhz, so yes my gpu is kinda shit. The market is so bad at the moment and idk if I can be arsed waiting any longer

Ooh that's rough, I can sympathize since I bought a 1660 Super a few months ago despite knowing it would age horribly because I was rocking a GeForce 8400GS (way worse than most integrated graphics) after my GTX 970 died. But I wanted to play Sekiro, RDR2, Control, etc. If the price isn't rape then I can wholly understand jumping on a short term solution to play games right now.

16 hours ago, Joe Slamon said:

Happy new year to you too!

I'm at the limit of my patience trying to get a gpu now, ive had my system over a month and i cant use it yet. I'm thinking to get a 5600xt for like a year or two and then by then hopefully the market will be better and i can get a rtx card and by then some more ray tracing games will be out hopefully

Then sure, get the 5600xt or if you find the 5700 at a good price and flash the 5700xt bios on it for better performance! :).Also thank you for the happy new year wishes! Hope everyone stays safe this year and also their family, lets hope at a better year this time.

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING