Is there a way to check response time for TVs and laptop screens when the manufacturer haven't advertised it?

Shammikit

Hello, I got an HP Pavilion Laptop and this is what I game on. The online competitive games I have played in it is Rainbow 6. And using the laptop screen to play, I haven't felt anything wrong with the screen itself that is affecting my gameplay. This made me wonder how much the response time of its screen is. When I went and had a look at the spec sheet in the HP website (here:https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c05930093) I noticed they haven't mentioned anything about response time of its display. 

Im thinking of building a pc later this year, and if the response time of my laptop display is similar to a TV I was wondering if I could use my TV at home as the display for the new pc build and invest more money on pc parts instead of a display. But first I would like to know their response times so I would like to know if  it could be measured using some software. Thanks.

Reviews.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Reviews.

sadly for both my tv and laptop, there isnt much out there. I believe this is because they were only sold in specific regions. 

24 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

But first I would like to know their response times so I would like to know if  it could be measured using some software.

It requires external hardware. Unless you feel like buying something for this single use case, reviews are your best bet.

Basically you need to provide input, then measure how long it takes before a reaction is visible on screen. I think there are some LTT videos where they built their own using a mouse, a high speed camera and some LED's to see how long it takes between the mouse being clicked (LED lighting up) and some reaction on screen. There are also professional devices, like this one, but is it worth it? (This would be input latency)

Pixel response time would be how long it takes for a pixel to change between colors. Again you'd need something like a high speed camera to observe how many frames it takes for the pixel to transition between colors.

Or just use your eyes. If you have fun playing the game and the visuals aren't blurry and distracting, everything is fine 😜

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply