Bought a Razer Blade Advanced i7-10875H - 2070 max Q. Disappointed. Looking for a different/better high end gaming laptop

I bought myself the razer blade advanced equipped with 10875H and 2070 max Q, because I need a more mobile workstation/gamingstation

I must say that I am disappointed in the heat it generates, even when in desktop not running anything special. The speakers are horrible, my phone speakers have much better low and mids than these terrible speakers. 

Since I live in Norway, I can return in and get the money back easily, I'm planning to buy a different high end laptop. 

Question is: Are there better laptops out there? I've been reading so many reviews and comparisons, and it seems like the razer blade is like one of the best, if not the best one. 

It might just be that gaming laptops arent my thing afterall, if this is what I am to expect from these. 

Thanks in advance guys!

It doesn’t target gamers, but Dell’s Precision line are absolute tanks. I’ve had nothing but great experiences with them. 

12 minutes ago, Dversity said:

I bought myself the razer blade advanced equipped with 10875H and 2070 max Q, because I need a more mobile workstation/gamingstation

I must say that I am disappointed in the heat it generates, even when in desktop not running anything special. The speakers are horrible, my phone speakers have much better low and mids than these terrible speakers. 

Since I live in Norway, I can return in and get the money back easily, I'm planning to buy a different high end laptop. 

Question is: Are there better laptops out there? I've been reading so many reviews and comparisons, and it seems like the razer blade is like one of the best, if not the best one. 

It might just be that gaming laptops arent my thing afterall, if this is what I am to expect from these. 

Thanks in advance guys!

Just get an Alienware, one that doesn't have a Max-Q card. You will not be disappointed. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

23 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Thanks in advance guys!

You want cooling, check out alienware but be prepared to pay a hefty premium and still possibly be dissappointed.

Ok thanks. My blade CPU temp hovers around 85-95 degrees while playing Dead By Daylight. Isnt it quite concerning? GPU max temp was 80, guess thats fine. 

2 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Ok thanks. My blade CPU temp hovers around 85-95 degrees while playing Dead By Daylight. Isnt it quite concerning? GPU max temp was 80, guess thats fine. 

That is very normal for a high-end notebook under heavy load. 

A tenth gen Intel in mobile being around 95 degrees is totally normal

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

2 minutes ago, cm992 said:

A tenth gen Intel in mobile being around 95 degrees is totally normal

3 minutes ago, 514_AppleGuy said:

That is very normal for a high-end notebook under heavy load. 

Ah ok. What I do like about the Blade models is that they're not screaming gaming pc as for the looks. 

At the same time I'm sad about how much my old stationary pc is outperforming the laptops, even in this price range. Its equipped with 8086k(5.1 all cores OC) and a 2080. 

44 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Thanks in advance guys!

The xmg core 15 even tho it "only" has a rtx 2060 it's a fair bit better than the 2070 simply due to the fact it is allowed to consume up to 115w of power instead of the limit 80-90w range of the 2070 max q. That and that laptop cools like a champ. The amd version is especially good as it's basically one of the best laptops out right now.

Why the amd version? Well for one amd mobile cpu's are just better than intel, better battery life and due to being far more efficient this laptop can run it's 8 core 4800h at straight up desktop speeds so you basically have a 3700x in a laptop and it just works. Or you tell it to not do overdrive and still have a better cpu than intels offerings.

So yeah xmg core 15 amd version would be about what you'd want. If you still want portability that is.

Small edit on the 2060 part: It's one of the best non full fat desktop gpu's in a laptop available in terms of raw performance in a laptop that is very well priced and still easily portable. This laptop has really good cooling and can be whisper quiet if need be by just hitting a button on the chassis. The same button is a toggle between profiles so you can always force it into a certain mode if you want max performance or would rather have a quiet long battery life or a nice middleground. The 2060 is also the refreshed one with the faster memory.

At the same time I'm sad about how much my old stationary pc is outperforming the laptops, even in this price range. Its equipped with 8086k(5.1 all cores OC) and a 2080. 

Desktop gpus will always outperform similar named mobile gpus due to temperature constraints on mobile that translate into lower power/clockspeed limits. If you'r e still looking for other options I like the Zephyrus GA502IV-ES76, its small 15" and has a similar unobtrusive design to the Blade but not quite as good, but the Ryzen 4800 is great and you can get it with a 1660 or 2060 and 1TB SSD and 240hz display for a low price.

SPEC LIST:

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The xmg core 15 even tho it "only" has a rtx 2060 it's a fair bit better than the 2070 simply due to the fact it is allowed to consume up to 115w of power instead of the limit 80-90w range of the 2070 max q. That and that laptop cools like a champ. The amd version is especially good as it's basically one of the best laptops out right now.

Why the amd version? Well for one amd mobile cpu's are just better than intel, better battery life and due to being far more efficient this laptop can run it's 8 core 4800h at straight up desktop speeds so you basically have a 3700x in a laptop and it just works. Or you tell it to not do overdrive and still have a better cpu than intels offerings.

Yes this is why I prefer anything with a Ryzen 4800 and just a simple RTX 2060 over the Intel 10th gen and RTX 2070/2080 max q

SPEC LIST:

Thanks alot for the input guys! Looking into the AMD laptops now. Greatly appreciated! 

8 minutes ago, cm992 said:

Desktop gpus will always outperform similar named mobile gpus due to temperature constraints on mobile that translate into lower power/clockspeed limits. If you'r e still looking for other options I like the Zephyrus GA502IV-ES76, its small 15" and has a similar unobtrusive design to the Blade but not quite as good, but the Ryzen 4800 is great and you can get it with a 1660 or 2060 and 1TB SSD and 240hz display for a low price.

https://www.komplett.no/product/1155433/gaming/gaming-pc/baerbar/asus-rog-zephyrus-g15-ga502iv-156-fhd-240-hz 

This laptop will basically perform the same as my blade laptop? costs like 30% less. It has 4800hs and 2060

20 minutes ago, Dversity said:

Thanks alot for the input guys! Looking into the AMD laptops now. Greatly appreciated! 

https://www.komplett.no/product/1155433/gaming/gaming-pc/baerbar/asus-rog-zephyrus-g15-ga502iv-156-fhd-240-hz 

This laptop will basically perform the same as my blade laptop? costs like 30% less. It has 4800hs and 2060

Yes, it might even perform better depending on the specific applications and games you use. I'm sure there are lots of comparisons and benchmarks on youtube

SPEC LIST:

8 minutes ago, cm992 said:

Yes, it might even perform better depending on the specific applications and games you use. I'm sure there are lots of comparisons and benchmarks on youtube

I'll look into it. Thanks!