Which PSU should i buy? Corsair vs Seasonic 750W

hzl
1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

But MSRP is a scam lol... impossible to get... I mean you're right it's a lot, but at least it's not 1000!

Well damn, sadly this new super psu isn't going to fit... it was late and I completely misinterpreted this info / size graphic... (I have a inwin 301) 

So I'll have to get the standard version, or a different psu altogether.... I read reviews, it's a good unit, but it's loud - the opposite of what I want lol, I want silent >.<

The MSRP isn't a scam. It's just there's high demand and low availablility. Keep in mind the S in MSRP means "suggested". Under normal circumstances, that's what the manufacturer suggest to sell the product for. What the retailers do with that, is a whole different story.

Doesn't matter tho. In the end you're the one that pays for it while the retailers and manufacturers rub their hands.

The cheapest 3070 in Germany is at 620€ right now. Still too expensive. That's more than what I paid for my first GTX 980, which I bought on launch.

12 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

The MSRP isn't a scam. It's just there's high demand and low availablility. Keep in mind the S in MSRP means "suggested". Under normal circumstances, that's what the manufacturer suggest to sell the product for. What the retailers do with that, is a whole different story.

Doesn't matter tho. In the end you're the one that pays for it while the retailers and manufacturers rub their hands.

The cheapest 3070 in Germany is at 620€ right now. Still too expensive. That's more than what I paid for my first GTX 980, which I bought on launch.

Scam in German means "Masche" so I think that's what it is, you won't see these cards at "msrp" for a long time, also keep in mind aftermarket cards are usually more fancy, and expensive... 

20201229_123739.thumb.jpg.f2a5ada3dec07497c1f9b1b97109e3cb.jpg

;)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Scam in German means "Masche" so I think that's what it is, you won't see these cards at "msrp" for a long time, also keep in mind aftermarket cards are usually more fancy, and expensive... 

I know what a scam is and I've worked in retail for over 3 years.

In retail in Germany you often see it the other way around, where the MSRP is a lot higher than the actual price retailers sell the product for, so it's easy for retailers to advertise their price. A low MSRP doesn't help to sell products and therefor does in fact resemle the actual value of the product under normal circumstances. What this means is, that part of the price that you're paying, is simply for the privilege to own one. So around 500€ for the card and 200€ as a tax to even get one. I mean, fair enough, your money, not mine. It's just important to understand that the MSRP set by Nvidia isn't just some garbage number pulled out of their arse. 

Btw, just received a package from Mindfactory, in which there is a 5800X - for MSRP.

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Btw, just received a package from Mindfactory, in which there is a 5800X - for MSRP.

that isn't a GPU... :)

Tbh Mindfactory has good prices, they're kinda scam artists themselves however, they hugely prefer MSI over anything else and don't even have Premium stuff like EVGA (afaik) 

so their cheapest 3070 (and their only one... ) is MSI Suprim at 739, which is ok, but it's MSI and it doesn't fit in my cute little case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And tbh I see it exactly like that, NV priced these cards so low that it sounds good in reviews knowing full well they won't be available at these prices for the masses... I did expect around 700 entry price for the new RTX line and it appears I wasn't wrong (lucky those few who found it for MSRP however) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

that isn't a GPU...

Doesn't matter. Just proves that MSRP isn't a scam. If you just wait for long enough, you'll get the product for MSRP. 

Tbh Mindfactory has good prices, they're kinda scam artists themselves however, they hugely prefer MSI over anything else and don't even have Premium stuff like EVGA (afaik)

Never heard that before. I bought my EVGA 1080 on Mindfactory when that came out.

so their cheapest 3070 (and their only one... ) is MSI Suprim at 739

That's because of the limited supply.

And tbh I see it exactly like that, NV priced these cards so low that it sounds good in reviews

More of a fault of the reviewers in my book. LTT used to not mention the price, because it changes all the time and also because of different regional prices. Not sure if they still do it. I'm also sure, that NVidia would actually rather sell cards at the MSRP than have all that backlash.