Just some questions about gpu and mother boards

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

The memory on the graphics card does not need to match the system memory. 

The GT 1030 is basically worthless for gaming. Don't waste your money on it if you're hoping to play games. You may as well just keep using the integrated graphics on the CPU. 

If your system only has 4GB of RAM it would help to upgrade that as well.

Alright so my question is since I have a pc that’s kinda not meant for gaming it’s more of for office jobs and I’m trying to buy a better graphics card that’s not too overkill and the description of the gpu says d4 and my computer is ddr3 for most things like ram would the graphics card be compatible? Or is d4 and ddr3 even the same thing?( I know the graphics card isn’t the best you can can get better ones off eBay for a cheaper price but I just need something from a supplier I can trust).

edit: I have an ssd and I’m currently looking for better ram for the pc at least 8gb is one 8gb stick better or 2x4gb?

0062AF88-39F9-4612-A961-B9240A72CE2F.png

153BCDD8-2D8C-40D8-8EA9-CBB1C9801049.jpeg

Edited by Garfieldthe cat

The GT 1030 is basically worthless for gaming. Don't waste your money on it if you're hoping to play games. You may as well just keep using the integrated graphics on the CPU. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Yeah I know it’s not the best but I need something to stop the FPS from dropping to unplayable it’s fine tho I’m happy with what I got I’ll build my pc once I’m older I’m new to the pc stuff so I’m just trying to learn so I can be prepared for when I eventually build one you know? And thanks have a happy holidays 

If it is a prebuild, without a graphics card, most probably it has a PSU that do not support a graphics card anyway

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv