Looking for particular kind of keyboard. Care to help?

elvilelvo

Hi guys!

I wanna upgrade my keyboard. I started working as a translator and I see my old Skiller combined with my small table is straining me a lot.

So I have been looking for ergonomical keyboards. I started looking and I am overwhelmed.

I decided to put my desired specs here, and see what comes up.

• mechanical keyboard (preferably MX Brown switches -- I am a touchtypist)
  • No numpad
  • Ergonomic (don't need it split or whatever, but ergo enough, or customizable, so as not to be that strained.)
  • (optional) wired

So I am looking for durability, stability, being able to type for hours easily.

Any ideas come to mind?

P.S. I've seen a lot of people talking about the Microsoft Sculpt and de Logi K870, but I fear they are too lowprofile keys for me... Plus, not big fan of wireless and batteries.

The Kinesis line looks quite good, but it's a bit expensive.

Thanks a looot.

Well the older Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 is better than the Sculpt. But it is not mechanical. Honestly I still think that is the most ergonomic keyboard shape ever....

Well if you want to go customisable with something that is built like a tank I can recommend ErgoDox.

I recently got a ZSA Moonlander (same company as the ErgoDox just their newest keyboard.)

https://www.zsa.io/moonlander/

First keyboard that made me switch from my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000......

1 hour ago, elvilelvo said:

~snip~

Do you mind building your own keyboard?
Where are you from?

big man big w!

1 hour ago, Exidor said:

Well the older Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 is better than the Sculpt. But it is not mechanical. Honestly I still think that is the most ergonomic keyboard shape ever....

Well if you want to go customisable with something that is built like a tank I can recommend ErgoDox.

I recently got a ZSA Moonlander (same company as the ErgoDox just their newest keyboard.)

https://www.zsa.io/moonlander/

First keyboard that made me switch from my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000......

Wow thus Moonlander is a beast! I definetely want it now, but it's way out my budget, especially because itt'd be shipped outside the US...

I heard this opinion on the 4000, it's difficult to find but it's cheaper. Downsides I see, without having tested it, is the numpad and also not sure about the feel of the switches... What's your take on that?

Thanks a lot!

Just now, ProBottler said:

Do you mind building your own keyboard?
Where are you from?

What do you mean building it? I don't think I have the know-how.

I am in Barcelona.

thanks!

6 minutes ago, elvilelvo said:

What do you mean building it? I don't think I have the know-how.

I am in Barcelona.

thanks!

Well then you should not mind tbh.

big man big w!

11 minutes ago, elvilelvo said:

Wow thus Moonlander is a beast! I definetely want it now, but it's way out my budget, especially because itt'd be shipped outside the US...

I heard this opinion on the 4000, it's difficult to find but it's cheaper. Downsides I see, without having tested it, is the numpad and also not sure about the feel of the switches... What's your take on that?

Thanks a lot!

The 4000 is ancient by now....

Sadly it has no switches it has rubber domes. They are not terrible but they are rubber domes so your expectations should be inline with that. The only bad button is the space bar it it is long and sort of unstable. I never had problems with the space bar but I guess I am just lucky? The one I am using still works fine and it is like I dont know 6 years old by now?

I can not live without a dedicated numpad my muscle memory is just so tuned to it. All my passwords I remember the shape on the numpad and not the actual numbers....

Things are so bad that I had to order a separate numpad for the moonlander LOL

The moonlander ships out of Hon Kong. Shipping is free but you might have to pay taxes.

But yea I shipped it to EU and I ended up paying like 50 euros tax on top of the price.....