XSL: only display names that end with ium

Blackterror25

I've got an instruction from my teacher to do a couple of things with the periodic table content in xsl.

I'm currently stuck on something that I've been trying to fix for a couple of houres and was hopen some of you could help me.
I should only display the elements that end with ium.

the xml file looks like this:

<periodic_table>  <atom>    <name>Actinium</name>    <atomic_weight>227</atomic_weight>    <atomic_number>89</atomic_number>    <oxidation_states>3</oxidation_states>    <boiling_point units="Kelvin">3470</boiling_point>    <symbol>Ac</symbol>    <density units="grams/cubic centimeter"><!-- At 300K -->      10.07    </density>    <electron_configuration>[Rn] 6d1 7s2 </electron_configuration>    <electronegativity>1.1</electronegativity>    <atomic_radius units="Angstroms">1.88</atomic_radius>    <atomic_volume units="cubic centimeters/mole">      22.5    </atomic_volume>    <specific_heat_capacity units="Joules/gram/degree Kelvin">      0.12    </specific_heat_capacity>    <ionization_potential>5.17</ionization_potential>    <thermal_conductivity units="Watts/meter/degree Kelvin">    <!-- At 300K -->      12    </thermal_conductivity>  </atom>  <atom>    <name>Aluminum</name>    <atomic_weight>26.98154</atomic_weight>    <atomic_number>13</atomic_number>    <oxidation_states>3</oxidation_states>    <boiling_point units="Kelvin">2740</boiling_point>    <melting_point units="Kelvin">933.5</melting_point>    <symbol>Al</symbol>    <density units="grams/cubic centimeter"><!-- At 300K -->      2.7    </density>    <electron_configuration>[Ne] 3s2 p1 </electron_configuration>    <covalent_radius units="Angstroms">1.18</covalent_radius>    <electronegativity>1.61</electronegativity>    <atomic_radius units="Angstroms">1.43</atomic_radius>    <heat_of_vaporization units="kilojoules/mole">      290.8    </heat_of_vaporization>    <atomic_volume units="cubic centimeters/mole">      10    </atomic_volume>    <heat_of_fusion units="kilojoules/mole">      10.7    </heat_of_fusion>    <ionization_potential>5.986</ionization_potential>    <specific_heat_capacity units="Joules/gram/degree Kelvin">      0.9    </specific_heat_capacity>    <thermal_conductivity units="Watts/meter/degree Kelvin">    <!-- At 300K -->      237    </thermal_conductivity>  </atom>...</periodic_table

Thanks for having a look and helping me.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Deserialise it into an object.

Loop through those objects and print ones that match a regular expression.

Simple.

Deserialise it into an object.

Loop through those objects and print ones that match a regular expression.

Simple.

I already figured that part out but I was more having troubles with how excaclty to code it that it only checked the last  letters and then print out the names.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I already figured that part out but I was more having troubles with how excaclty to code it that it only checked the last  letters and then print out the names.

What language?

What language?

xsl

specificly with only showing those that end with -ium, no problem with showing alle the names.

Its probably really simple but i've only been coding for 2 months.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

xsl

specificly with only showing those that end with -ium, no problem with showing alle the names.

Its probably really simple but i've only been coding for 2 months.

Have a look at this:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/06/04/tr.html

The regular expression you need is

[a-z]{1,}ium

The regular expression you need is

[a-z]{1,}ium

To make this work if the XML file has capital letters in the names as well, you can simply modify this to

[a-zA-Z]{1,}ium

Also, I think (not entirely sure), that this should work as well:

[a-zA-Z]+ium[a-zA-Z]*ium

The first will require at least one letter in front of ium, the second sees ium on its own as a valid option as well.

To make this work if the XML file has capital letters in the names as well, you can simply modify this to

[a-zA-Z]{1,}ium

Also, I think (not entirely sure), that this should work as well:

[a-zA-Z]+ium

[a-zA-Z]*ium

The first will require at least one letter in front of ium, the second sees ium on its own as a valid option as well.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add that to the xsl file. I currently made a template where I believe I should add it somewhere, but I cant figure out where.

This is what I currently have.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"                xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">    <xsl:template match="/">        <html>            <body>                <xsl:apply-templates/>            </body>        </html>    </xsl:template>    <xsl:template match="name">    </xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet> 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I figured it out by trying something different

<xsl:for-each select="periodic_table/atom">                    <xsl:if test="substring(name, string-length(name) - 2, string-length(name))='ium'">                        <xsl:value-of select="name" />                        <br/>                    </xsl:if>                </xsl:for-each>

Thank you for your help.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.