Start menu & desktop failing to load on start up

Dukanater

Hey guys i have a weird issue iv been trying to solve for a few weeks now iv given up searching for answers because im not even sure what's really wrong i just have a list of symptoms. So start up PC windows 10 with in 10 sec your looking at your desktop all the icons on my desktop display as a white page and if you try and click any of them the screen just flashes white. unable to use the windows key or open the start menu as its in a weird half loaded state and the icons to the right of the windows start icon are not present. now i am able to Ctrl Alt Del into task manager and from there i can go to file and click run new task and just type chrome or what ever i need to get done and it will open chrome and i can just go on with my day and randomly it will all just load i haven't noticed a pattern of what im doing when the desktop seem to unlock and start working but normally i just notice hey my task bar finally has icons on it and then my computer is fine until next restart.

iv tried safemode boot which as you would expect works fine i uninstalled anything recent that might have caused a issues but the only thing left that's new is bluestacks which was installed like 10 months ago and never caused a issue before. iv tried multiple weird things iv found targeting the repair of windows explorer.exe. My start menu boot has 3 items on its windows security notifications, adobe GC and Adobe start up utility.

Not sure what else to even look for at this point and every time i try and google my issue i get unrelated stuff that doesn't describe my issue at all

ill attach a video for more context after i restart it next assuming i don't throw it across the room

46 minutes ago, Mling said:

Do you have a VR headset plugged in?

nope just a wireless usb thing for a corsair headset 

Do you have a good Antivirus installed?  Sounds like it's not finding the files or the files are corrupted and could be a good ol' fashioned computer virus.

26 minutes ago, JarredTX said:

Do you have a good Antivirus installed?  Sounds like it's not finding the files or the files are corrupted and could be a good ol' fashioned computer virus.

I have Mcafee. i know its not the best but it says everything is running perfect. 

FULL specs, including any storage devices and what's installed on them would maybe help. 

But usually if these icons are white it means windows cannot read the storage device corresponding to these icons, so either something got unplugged or a hard drive is failing is my guess for now. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

FULL specs, including any storage devices and what's installed on them would maybe help. 

But usually if these icons are white it means windows cannot read the storage device corresponding to these icons, so either something got unplugged or a hard drive is failing is my guess for now. 

interesting ill try to reseat all the connections this afternoon just to eliminate it as a possibility.  

System

• CPU
    Intel Core i7-4790K 4.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK S ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
  • GPU
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)
  • Case
    Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive x2
  • PSU
    EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Operating System
    Windows 10