What coolant to use for a frequently drained loop?

Lixnir
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
6 minutes ago, Lixnir said:

Hey all, so as the title says I am looking for recommendations as to what coolant to use for a loop that is going to be frequently drained and refilled. I am building it now will be moving and therefore draining it at *least* twice between now and July due to graduation and I don't really want to have to rebuy fancy coolant every time I move. I was thinking of just using distilled water and PT nuke as I've seen suggested before, but I've also heard that is not recommended/possibly damaging with EKWB blocks and that is what I have in my build. I'm just really worried since I remember some video recommending just distilled water and some anti bacterial stuff, and the water cooling 101 post recommends that as well, but I am really worried about the stories of block deterioration/damage with the ekwb+pt nuke (or ekwb+silver coil) combo. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you all!

Welcome to the Forums! 

The best really these days is a premix, it will have everything you need inside. For something that will be drained and refilled a lot with low maintenance a clear liquid like Mayhems X1 or EKWB cryofuel is good. If it's only being drained for transport you can reused the fluid but if it's getting close to the 6 month or 12 month mark I would just swap it out. 

Stuff like silver and PT nuke are good on their own given that is no nickel content in the loop, for PT nuke there is the PT clear which is ok for nickel.

Hey all, so as the title says I am looking for recommendations as to what coolant to use for a loop that is going to be frequently drained and refilled. I am building it now will be moving and therefore draining it at *least* twice between now and July due to graduation and I don't really want to have to rebuy fancy coolant every time I move. I was thinking of just using distilled water and PT nuke as I've seen suggested before, but I've also heard that is not recommended/possibly damaging with EKWB blocks and that is what I have in my build. I'm just really worried since I remember some video recommending just distilled water and some anti bacterial stuff, and the water cooling 101 post recommends that as well, but I am really worried about the stories of block deterioration/damage with the ekwb+pt nuke (or ekwb+silver coil) combo. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you all!

6 minutes ago, Lixnir said:

Welcome to the Forums! 

The best really these days is a premix, it will have everything you need inside. For something that will be drained and refilled a lot with low maintenance a clear liquid like Mayhems X1 or EKWB cryofuel is good. If it's only being drained for transport you can reused the fluid but if it's getting close to the 6 month or 12 month mark I would just swap it out. 

Stuff like silver and PT nuke are good on their own given that is no nickel content in the loop, for PT nuke there is the PT clear which is ok for nickel.