First Snapdragon 888 phone to be the Xiaomi Mi 11, December 28th launch confirmed

Djole123

With the all new flagship Snapdragon 888 launched, we are expecting many new phones to launch next year, however the first one is set to be announced this year, on December 28th.

The Xiaomi Mi 11 is tipped to be visually similar to its predecessor, the Mi 10, however with a camera rearrangement and updated internals it's set to be a proper 2021 flagship.

image.thumb.png.d140cbb36aa90c583a92e9e7752ff9b8.png

As per the official Weibo post, the Xiaomi Mi 11 will be launched in China at 7:30pm CST Asia (5pm IST) on December 28. The company has not yet confirmed whether the Mi 11 Pro will also debut alongside the regular Mi 11. The global debut of the Mi 11 is also yet to be announced. However, considering the early arrival of the Mi 11 in China over the Mi 10 series, the new smartphone is likely to launch in global markets sometime in early 2021.

Along with the SoC upgrades, we can also expect a battery and refresh rate bump.

The phone is said to have a 6-inch QHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. It is also rumoured to come with triple rear cameras, with a 108-megapixel primary sensor, 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle shooter, and a 5-megapixel telephoto shooter.

Xiaomi is rumoured to offer a 4,780mAh battery along with 55W charging support on the Mi 11. The phone is also likely to come bundled with a fast charging-supported charger.

As of now, the launch is China-exclusive, however history tells us we can expect a global variant in the coming months aswell.

Source:

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/xiaomi-mi-11-launch-date-december-28-price-specifications-geekbench-listing-m2011k2c-2341910

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Nah I'm gonna wait for the plus version.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

While I'm excited to see new phones with it from the likes like Samsung, OnePlus, Google potentially, I still won't buy any with a notch/hole I just won't. Also I still doubt those top companies will adopt under display camera tech before it matures more so. In the end aside them, I'm mainly looking to see what Sony will bring.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

15 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Small batteries and sharp edges?

We can always see larger capacity. But 4000mAh while I'd consider it a minimum, it's still fairly solid. Other phones having a bit larger still they all fair roughly same. Really if we're going to talk battery capacity, most should bring it way more to like 7000mAh then. Really, with heavy all day usage any phone will die anyway.

Not sure what you mean by sharp edges, I find it way better than every phone shaped like a thin pebble and is also slipper and not comfy to hold because it feels thinner than it is. My hands are not made from sugar you know. To add even, that many other phones all look the same. Even worse many of them have scuffed incomplete display.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |