Cloudflare DDoS protection uses more than 6GB of RAM from Chrome and crashes

Naijin

Browser, version and OS: 

Chrome 87.0.4280.88

Windows 10 Pro 1909

Accessing forum via mobile now without issues

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Trying to open linustechtips.com doesn't work, Cloudflare DDoS protection uses all RAM until browser crashes

What happened?

Website does not open, crashes Chrome

What did you expect to happen?

Website to open

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: in attachment one before, one during, one after and the screen I keep during about a full minute. Last screenshot is my memory when I closed the LTT tab

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

Ray ID: 60587fab5f47bbfa

IMG_20201222_093328.jpg

IMG_20201222_093547.jpg

IMG_20201222_093558.jpg

IMG_20201222_093626.jpg

1 minute ago, Naijin said:

Cloudflare DDoS protection uses all RAM until browser crashes

This sounds more like a bug in the browser than anything else.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

It does not do that for me. Check if there is an extension on your browser doing something.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

1 minute ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

It does not do that for me. Check if there is an extension on your browser doing something.

Same here, no increase in RAM usage when I open page in Chrome, the page doesn't load but there is no Ram usage change.

Definitely a local problem.

Am not having that issue.

7 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

Disabled all (only Ublock origin and lastpass) but still the same

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

This sounds more like a bug in the browser than anything else.

The new Edge browser does the same thing but crashes sooner. Internet Explorer works but damn that looks ugly

1 hour ago, Naijin said:

The new Edge browser does the same thing but crashes sooner. Internet Explorer works but damn that looks ugly

So its a Chromium issue then. Firefox is fine, I had to pass a CF DDoS check this morning and it worked perfectly.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I have used CF in the past. To have this message usually means Cloudflare or the client (in this case LMG) have detected DDOS or other behaviour pertaining to an attack on the site. I noticed last night that the site was "too busy" for a fair amount of the time and almost all the LMG staff were online at the same time on discord. So something was going down, but good job they use a CDN with DDOS protection to keep the site more or less up and running. Those checks should be reduced once the immediate threat has passed.

Intel i9-13900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite DDR4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB DDR4 3200 C16 - Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 4090 24GB - Corsair 4000D Airflow - 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  - Corsair AX1600i 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W - Aorus FI27Q - Noctua NH-D15 running 3 fans (CPU) - 6 x NF-A12x25 (3 intake, 3 exhaust) - Aorus K1 - Aorus M5 - Aorus AMP500 - Aorus H5 - Corsair TC70 - Win 11 Pro