Slow 10Gbe Speeds from PC to NAS [DS1817+]

LexenZ

Hi everyone!

I have a DS1817+ with E10G18-T1 installed and my PC has the ASUS XG-C100C with driver version of 2.1.21.0.

I have been reading online about making the most optimum setup (E.g. jumbo frames to 9000 etc etc) but i still couldn't hit my transfer rates of more than 200mb/s even though its a direct connection from PC to NAS.

As of below are my XG-C100C adapter property settings:

Downshift Retries: 4

Energy efficient internet: Disabled

Flow control: Enabled

Interrupt Moderation: Enabled

Interrupt Moderation Rate: Adaptive

IPv4 Checksum offload: Rx & Tx Enabled

Jumbo Packet: 9014 Bytes

Large Send offload V1(IPv4): Enabled

Large Send offload V2(IPv4): Enabled

Large Send offload V2(IPv6): Enabled

Link speed: 10G

Local Administered Address: (Blank)

Log Link State Event: Enabled

Maximum Number of RSS queues: 4 Queues

Packet Priority & VLAN: Packet & VLAN Enabled

Receive Buffers: 512

Received side scaling: Enabled

Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv4): Enabled

Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv6): Enabled

TCP/UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Rx & Tx Enabled

TCP/UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Rx & Tx Enabled

Transmit Buffers: 2096

VLAN ID: 0

VLAN Monitor Mode: Disabled

Wait for Link: Auto detect

For my NAS side:

MTU: 9000

No traffic control

Vswitch disabled

I have no idea what's wrong and my first guess was that the pci-e lane that DS1817+ is gen 2 instead of gen 3....

My PC does have a SX8200 pro 2tb installed.

Normally i transfer videos (usually 10x 3gb files) from the network itself to the NAS but still hitting less than 200mb/s.

I suspected the aquantia controller had some issues. So i switched to X550-T1 adapter instead. This time i installed it at the gen3 lane.

Unfortunately it was worse at half of the speeds (<100mb/s) 

So i had to tweak the X550-T1 adapter property settings to get back the 200mb/s as of below:

DMA coalescing: Disabled

Flow control: Disabled

Interrupt Moderation: Disabled

Interrupt Moderation Rate: Off

IPsec offload: Disabled

Maximum Number of RSS queues: 8 Queues

Packet Priority & VLAN: Packet Priority Enabled

Receive Buffers: 4096

Speed & Duplex: 10gbps full duplex

TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Rx & Tx Enabled

TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Rx & Tx Enabled

Transmit Buffers: 16384

UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Rx & Tx Enabled

UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Rx & Tx Enabled

For my NAS side:

No traffic control

Vswitch disabled

I even tried the iperf3 test for the X550-T1 after like an hour of understanding how to do it as of below:

1244344335_iperf3results.JPG.79b2786549b78f8e8427d392eacc7e49.JPG

After all the tweaking as of above and even changing of network cables, nothing is successful.

I contacted Synology support. And i was blamed for using HDDs as it dramatically drops the speed. That kind of answer is most astonishing considering other users online are able to achieve shocking speeds with hard drive specifications lower than mine (I am using 5x10TB Ironwolf pros)

I am at a loss here.

1) Are my settings above for the adapter properties correct? 

2) Is the iPerf3 results good or bad? (Is it performing at 10gbe speeds?)

3) What more can i do to change?

Sorry to vent it out here because i thought synology support would help me out... but it seems like no conclusive answer is given for me.

Regards

John

27 minutes ago, LexenZ said:

Hi everyone!

I have a DS1817+ with E10G18-T1 installed and my PC has the ASUS XG-C100C with driver version of 2.1.21.0.

I have been reading online about making the most optimum setup (E.g. jumbo frames to 9000 etc etc) but i still couldn't hit my transfer rates of more than 200mb/s even though its a direct connection from PC to NAS.

As of below are my XG-C100C adapter property settings:

Downshift Retries: 4

Energy efficient internet: Disabled

Flow control: Enabled

Interrupt Moderation: Enabled

Interrupt Moderation Rate: Adaptive

Large Send offload V1(IPv4): Enabled

Link speed: 10G

Maximum Number of RSS queues: 4 Queues

Packet Priority & VLAN: Packet & VLAN Enabled

Receive Buffers: 512

Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv4): Enabled

Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv6): Enabled

TCP/UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Rx & Tx Enabled

TCP/UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Rx & Tx Enabled

Transmit Buffers: 2096

VLAN ID: 0

VLAN Monitor Mode: Disabled

Wait for Link: Auto detect

For my NAS side:

No traffic control

Vswitch disabled

I have no idea what's wrong and my first guess was that the pci-e lane that DS1817+ is gen 2 instead of gen 3....

My PC does have a SX8200 pro 2tb installed.

Normally i transfer videos (usually 10x 3gb files) from the network itself to the NAS but still hitting less than 200mb/s.

I suspected the aquantia controller had some issues. So i switched to X550-T1 adapter instead. This time i installed it at the gen3 lane.

Unfortunately it was worse at half of the speeds (<100mb/s) 

So i had to tweak the X550-T1 adapter property settings to get back the 200mb/s as of below:

DMA coalescing: Disabled

Flow control: Disabled

Interrupt Moderation: Disabled

Interrupt Moderation Rate: Off

IPsec offload: Disabled

Maximum Number of RSS queues: 8 Queues

Packet Priority & VLAN: Packet Priority Enabled

Receive Buffers: 4096

Speed & Duplex: 10gbps full duplex

TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Rx & Tx Enabled

TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Rx & Tx Enabled

Transmit Buffers: 16384

UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4): Rx & Tx Enabled

UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6): Rx & Tx Enabled

For my NAS side:

No traffic control

Vswitch disabled

I even tried the iperf3 test for the X550-T1 after like an hour of understanding how to do it as of below:

1244344335_iperf3results.JPG.79b2786549b78f8e8427d392eacc7e49.JPG

After all the tweaking as of above and even changing of network cables, nothing is successful.

I contacted Synology support. And i was blamed for using HDDs as it dramatically drops the speed. That kind of answer is most astonishing considering other users online are able to achieve shocking speeds with hard drive specifications lower than mine (I am using 5x10TB Ironwolf pros)

I am at a loss here.

1) Are my settings above for the adapter properties correct? 

2) Is the iPerf3 results good or bad? (Is it performing at 10gbe speeds?)

3) What more can i do to change?

Sorry to vent it out here because i thought synology support would help me out... but it seems like no conclusive answer is given for me.

Regards

John

What kind of a RAID config are you running? My guess, the NAS box does not have enough ram and cpu power to keep up. This will be noticeable if at first the speed is fine, so maybe 500 mb/s and then drops significantly. Your drives should be 7200 rpm, that' won't be the issue. Each drive can easily write at 150 mb/s on their own. I would bet on a hardware bottleneck rather than a config error. I know for a fact that my NAS in the office did improve on performance by upgrading from an Intel 3770k to a Ryzen 5 3600 by almost doubling the speed. I use 8 WD Gold 12 TB drives in RAID Z2 running Debian with a stripped down kernel. I have a Aquantia 107 from Asus in the NAS and the PCs. Transfer speeds are between 370 and 600 mb/s using mixed file sizes (mostly used for backing up)

Your iperf results are just 1gbit and not 10gbit. That explains why you only get 100mb/s.

As for the 200mb result you had before, that might be a hardware bottleneck. You see, in order to get 10gbe (1gbyte/s) you need both PC's (or NAS in this case) to have storage that fast. Your pc has nvme, that's fine. But your NAS needs SSD's or a big Raid array as well. 

Edit: okay just reread that you run 5x10tb drives. What config though? Raid5? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

21 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

What kind of a RAID config are you running? My guess, the NAS box does not have enough ram and cpu power to keep up. This will be noticeable if at first the speed is fine, so maybe 500 mb/s and then drops significantly. Your drives should be 7200 rpm, that' won't be the issue. Each drive can easily write at 150 mb/s on their own. I would bet on a hardware bottleneck rather than a config error. I know for a fact that my NAS in the office did improve on performance by upgrading from an Intel 3770k to a Ryzen 5 3600 by almost doubling the speed. I use 8 WD Gold 12 TB drives in RAID Z2 running Debian with a stripped down kernel. I have a Aquantia 107 from Asus in the NAS and the PCs. Transfer speeds are between 370 and 600 mb/s using mixed file sizes (mostly used for backing up)

Hi there Applefreak,

Thanks for the response.

Apologies i did not include the Raid config, it is on SHR (Synology Hybrid Raid).

My DS1817+ has 4 cores and 8GB of ram instead of the 4GB. 

I know its an config error or somehow, i am confident that it is not the NAS box spec issue. Thing is, what are the settings for that? That's what i want to know.

Would you be able to share your adapter settings for me to try?

14 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Your iperf results are just 1gbit and not 10gbit. That explains why you only get 100mb/s.

As for the 200mb result you had before, that might be a hardware bottleneck. You see, in order to get 10gbe (1gbyte/s) you need both PC's (or NAS in this case) to have storage that fast. Your pc has nvme, that's fine. But your NAS needs SSD's or a big Raid array as well. 

Edit: okay just reread that you run 5x10tb drives. What config though? Raid5? 

Hi there FloRolf,

Thanks for the response as well.

Apologies i did not include the Raid config, it is on SHR (Synology Hybrid Raid).

So my iPerf results are on the gigabit side.. but i have pushed 10gbe connections on both sides. What is the thing that it is detecting gigabit instead of 10Gbe? That's what i want to know....

10 minutes ago, LexenZ said:

Hi there Applefreak,

Thanks for the response.

My DS1817+ has 4 cores and 8GB of ram instead of the 4GB. 

I know its an config error or somehow, i am confident that it is not the NAS box spec issue. Thing is, what are the settings for that? That's what i want to know.

Would you be able to share your adapter settings for me to try?

Hi there FloRolf,

Thanks for the response as well.

So my iPerf results are on the gigabit side.. but i have pushed 10gbe connections on both sides. What is the thing that it is detecting gigabit instead of 10Gbe? That's what i want to know....

OK first of, your raid array should theoretically give you about 400mb/s read and write. That's good. 

Now, your iperf results don't tell you your drive speed but literally only the speed of the connection. That means you have something incorrectly configured. 

As far as I understand you have a 10gbe NIC in each device and they are directly connected with one ethernet cable right? Please make sure that cable is CAT6 or CAT6a instead of CAT5e, but even 5e should give you 400mb/s, depending on how long that cable is. 

Do you mind sharing Screenshots of your NIC configs from each device? 

Edit: I'd also say just go back to the C100C and maybe try the X550 in the NAS instead, if possible

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

OK first of, your raid array should theoretically give you about 400mb/s read and write. That's good. 

Now, your iperf results don't tell you your drive speed but literally only the speed of the connection. That means you have something incorrectly configured. 

As far as I understand you have a 10gbe NIC in each device and they are directly connected with one ethernet cable right? Please make sure that cable is CAT6 or CAT6a instead of CAT5e, but even 5e should give you 400mb/s, depending on how long that cable is. 

Do you mind sharing Screenshots of your NIC configs from each device? 

Hi FloRolf,

Yes there is something horribly wrong with my configurations. BUT, i have no idea what settings i should do to it.

If you are asking for the adapter properties it is as of above initial post for both Asus and X550-T1. Or may i know what other info do you require? 

For the connection yes so the internet adapters are both connected in my PC's PCIE lanes and a CAT8 cable is directly connected to the NAS's E10G18-T1. 

As for the concern of using a "CAT8" cable (1metre), no worries on that, i tested it on another legit CAT6 cable of 3 metres, both transfer rates are exactly the same. Therefore hardware failures can be ruled out in my opinion.

Well i could be wrong but... i can't see any failure in hardware wise for now hahaha. (I mean i did get the X550-T1 thinking the Asus adapter is spoilt)

16 minutes ago, LexenZ said:

Hi FloRolf,

Yes there is something horribly wrong with my configurations. BUT, i have no idea what settings i should do to it.

If you are asking for the adapter properties it is as of above initial post for both Asus and X550-T1. Or may i know what other info do you require? 

For the connection yes so the internet adapters are both connected in my PC's PCIE lanes and a CAT8 cable is directly connected to the NAS's E10G18-T1. 

As for the concern of using a "CAT8" cable (1metre), no worries on that, i tested it on another legit CAT6 cable of 3 metres, both transfer rates are exactly the same. Therefore hardware failures can be ruled out in my opinion.

Well i could be wrong but... i can't see any failure in hardware wise for now hahaha. (I mean i did get the X550-T1 thinking the Asus adapter is spoilt)

Ok i just looked at it again and i think i know the issue,

Your NAS is 169.254.25.13 while your PC is 169.254.236.97 (or vice versa). They are on different Networks basically. So i think your 10G card in the NAS kinda tries to reroute over the internal Ethernet ports or something.

Can you change your IP adresses so they are on the same network? For example both 169.254.25.XX

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

32 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Your NAS is 169.254.25.13 while your PC is 169.254.236.97 (or vice versa). They are on different Networks basically. So i think your 10G card in the NAS kinda tries to reroute over the internal Ethernet ports or something.

Can you change your IP adresses so they are on the same network? For example both 169.254.25.XX

APIPA addresses actually use a /16 subnet mask so the IP address space is fine. This is of course assuming OP didn't hard code a different subnet mask or anything.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

41 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Hi FloRolf,

Apologies but i tried to set the NAS side of the IP address to 169.254.25.15 so that it aligns with the X550 adapter, but unfortunately now i can't even connect to the NAS.

May I know what's the correct procedure for this? As I do not know how to do it.

What i have done to correct the situation was to leave the NAS side untouched (DHCP automatic), i set the Adapter side by manually putting 169.254.236.98 , with the same subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. The transfer rate is still the same and lower even unfortunately...

I think i may have done it wrongly, please advise me on this~ 

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

APIPA addresses actually use a /16 subnet mask so the IP address space is fine. This is of course assuming OP didn't hard code a different subnet mask or anything.

Hi Lurick,

Apologies unfortunately i don't really understand what you mean as i am not that technical. 

If your talking about hard code i just changed the adapter IPv4 settings manually to fit the NAS box's IP.

2019857474_ChangedX550-T1ip.thumb.JPG.21d956b1562fa1b86e87c5f3af1b6877.JPG

Do let me know if i did anything wrong here~ 

New update as of 18-Dec-2020 11:33pm SGT:

So i decided to try what FloWolf has asked me to do:

1090466457_Nasside.JPG.6b158d04ba8c8ff76f24a19dcc30acdc.JPG

1549783066_Adapterside.JPG.61ca1f225e267e24157b25b2989fb2a4.JPG

I had my settings as shown for the adapter and NAS side all manually configured.

However, the situation of the transfer rate is still within 200mb/s...

I am at a loss now. Any other suggestions?

7 hours ago, LexenZ said:

New update as of 18-Dec-2020 11:33pm SGT:

So i decided to try what FloWolf has asked me to do:

1090466457_Nasside.JPG.6b158d04ba8c8ff76f24a19dcc30acdc.JPG

1549783066_Adapterside.JPG.61ca1f225e267e24157b25b2989fb2a4.JPG

I had my settings as shown for the adapter and NAS side all manually configured.

However, the situation of the transfer rate is still within 200mb/s...

I am at a loss now. Any other suggestions?

Does Synology maybe have a Array Benchmark tool? Maybe that's all you get. Then maybe there's something wrong with your array instead of your network. 

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

Unless your machine is running at high CPU load, setting the MTU to 9000 isn't going to help you.  Try running iperf with parallelization.  Windows is absolute garbage at 10GigE throughput, as I've found through extensive testing here at home.  Try adding "-p 4" at the end of the iperf command.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

3 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Does Synology maybe have a Array Benchmark tool? Maybe that's all you get. Then maybe there's something wrong with your array instead of your network. 

Hi FloRolf,

I don't know if synology has a array benchmark tool. I only use the crystaldiskmark software as a test with 8gb file transfer. Results as of below:

855430203_CrystalDiskMarkbenchmark8gbtrasnfer.JPG.3c33d13e5f28bc5d0ca12f20efa09787.JPG

With regards to "something wrong with your array", i want to know what exactly is wrong with it in the first place? Because i have everything set up as per what is intended. And there is no errors nor mistakes for me to find out for now.

Tweaking of the adapter properties drastically changes the performance which i have no idea why.

Say for e.g. it is recommended to have flow control on, but when i turn it off for the X550 it works, but for the Asus adapter if i turn it off it doesn't.....

1 hour ago, jasonvp said:

Unless your machine is running at high CPU load, setting the MTU to 9000 isn't going to help you.  Try running iperf with parallelization.  Windows is absolute garbage at 10GigE throughput, as I've found through extensive testing here at home.  Try adding "-p 4" at the end of the iperf command.

Hi Jasonvp,

So i decided to run a 50gb transfer instead of the 5gb. I see increase in cpu load about (57%). Transfer speed is still the same hovering below 200mb/s this time.

As per the iperf with parallelisation, you may find my results below:

C:\Users\Nepht\Downloads\iperf-3.1.3-win64>iperf3 -c 10.10.10.5 -P 4
Connecting to host 10.10.10.5, port 5201
[  4] local 10.10.10.10 port 56853 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[  6] local 10.10.10.10 port 56854 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[  8] local 10.10.10.10 port 56855 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[ 10] local 10.10.10.10 port 56856 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec   122 MBytes  1.02 Gbits/sec
[  6]   0.00-1.00   sec   136 MBytes  1.14 Gbits/sec
[  8]   0.00-1.00   sec   119 MBytes   996 Mbits/sec
[ 10]   0.00-1.00   sec   141 MBytes  1.18 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   0.00-1.00   sec   518 MBytes  4.34 Gbits/sec
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec   159 MBytes  1.34 Gbits/sec
[  6]   1.00-2.00   sec   146 MBytes  1.22 Gbits/sec
[  8]   1.00-2.00   sec   152 MBytes  1.28 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   1.00-2.00   sec   151 MBytes  1.27 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   1.00-2.00   sec   608 MBytes  5.11 Gbits/sec
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec   133 MBytes  1.12 Gbits/sec
[  6]   2.00-3.00   sec   148 MBytes  1.24 Gbits/sec
[  8]   2.00-3.00   sec   148 MBytes  1.24 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   2.00-3.00   sec   165 MBytes  1.38 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   2.00-3.00   sec   594 MBytes  4.98 Gbits/sec
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec   144 MBytes  1.21 Gbits/sec
[  6]   3.00-4.00   sec   162 MBytes  1.36 Gbits/sec
[  8]   3.00-4.00   sec   164 MBytes  1.37 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   3.00-4.00   sec   180 MBytes  1.51 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   3.00-4.00   sec   651 MBytes  5.46 Gbits/sec
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec   138 MBytes  1.16 Gbits/sec
[  6]   4.00-5.00   sec   168 MBytes  1.41 Gbits/sec
[  8]   4.00-5.00   sec   176 MBytes  1.47 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   4.00-5.00   sec   172 MBytes  1.44 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   4.00-5.00   sec   653 MBytes  5.48 Gbits/sec
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec   146 MBytes  1.22 Gbits/sec
[  6]   5.00-6.00   sec   186 MBytes  1.56 Gbits/sec
[  8]   5.00-6.00   sec   155 MBytes  1.30 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   5.00-6.00   sec   154 MBytes  1.29 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   5.00-6.00   sec   640 MBytes  5.37 Gbits/sec
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec   137 MBytes  1.15 Gbits/sec
[  6]   6.00-7.00   sec   175 MBytes  1.47 Gbits/sec
[  8]   6.00-7.00   sec   149 MBytes  1.25 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   6.00-7.00   sec   167 MBytes  1.40 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   6.00-7.00   sec   628 MBytes  5.27 Gbits/sec
[  4]   7.00-8.00   sec   160 MBytes  1.34 Gbits/sec
[  6]   7.00-8.00   sec   155 MBytes  1.30 Gbits/sec
[  8]   7.00-8.00   sec   153 MBytes  1.29 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   7.00-8.00   sec   144 MBytes  1.21 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   7.00-8.00   sec   612 MBytes  5.14 Gbits/sec
[  4]   8.00-9.00   sec   146 MBytes  1.23 Gbits/sec
[  6]   8.00-9.00   sec   150 MBytes  1.26 Gbits/sec
[  8]   8.00-9.00   sec   140 MBytes  1.17 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   8.00-9.00   sec   141 MBytes  1.18 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   8.00-9.00   sec   577 MBytes  4.84 Gbits/sec
[  4]   9.00-10.00  sec   133 MBytes  1.12 Gbits/sec
[  6]   9.00-10.00  sec   150 MBytes  1.26 Gbits/sec
[  8]   9.00-10.00  sec   128 MBytes  1.07 Gbits/sec
[ 10]   9.00-10.00  sec   148 MBytes  1.25 Gbits/sec
[SUM]   9.00-10.00  sec   560 MBytes  4.69 Gbits/sec
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.38 GBytes  1.19 Gbits/sec                  sender
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.38 GBytes  1.19 Gbits/sec                  receiver
[  6]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.54 GBytes  1.32 Gbits/sec                  sender
[  6]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.54 GBytes  1.32 Gbits/sec                  receiver
[  8]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.45 GBytes  1.24 Gbits/sec                  sender
[  8]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.45 GBytes  1.24 Gbits/sec                  receiver
[ 10]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.53 GBytes  1.31 Gbits/sec                  sender
[ 10]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.53 GBytes  1.31 Gbits/sec                  receiver
[SUM]   0.00-10.00  sec  5.90 GBytes  5.07 Gbits/sec                  sender
[SUM]   0.00-10.00  sec  5.90 GBytes  5.07 Gbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

From the results above i am guessing its still at gigabit speeds unfortunately based on FloRolf's comments.

13 hours ago, LexenZ said:

[SUM]   0.00-10.00  sec  5.90 GBytes  5.07 Gbits/sec                  sender
[SUM]   0.00-10.00  sec  5.90 GBytes  5.07 Gbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

From the results above i am guessing its still at gigabit speeds unfortunately based on FloRolf's comments.

You most certainly are not at Gigabit speeds, and the results are right there in front of you.  I snipped out all the superfluous output from your iperf3 run.  When you set up four parallel runs, you got 5Gbits/sec.  Bump it up to

-p 6 

and see what happens.  Then try

-p 8

There's going to be a point of diminishing returns as you increase the parallelization.  But try it anyway.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

12 hours ago, jasonvp said:

You most certainly are not at Gigabit speeds, and the results are right there in front of you.  I snipped out all the superfluous output from your iperf3 run.  When you set up four parallel runs, you got 5Gbits/sec.  Bump it up to

-p 6 

and see what happens.  Then try

-p 8

There's going to be a point of diminishing returns as you increase the parallelization.  But try it anyway.

Hi there Jasonvp,

You may find the results below:

C:\Users\Nepht\Downloads\iperf-3.1.3-win64>iperf3 -c 10.10.10.5 -P 6
Connecting to host 10.10.10.5, port 5201
[  4] local 10.10.10.10 port 50518 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[  6] local 10.10.10.10 port 50519 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[  8] local 10.10.10.10 port 50520 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[ 10] local 10.10.10.10 port 50521 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[ 12] local 10.10.10.10 port 50522 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[ 14] local 10.10.10.10 port 50523 connected to 10.10.10.5 port 5201
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec   125 MBytes  1.05 Gbits/sec